All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
dips and spreads
      #133267 - 12/27/04 08:37 PM
CatherineinKorea

Reged: 12/27/04

Hello. I'm new to this whole website and eat for IBS diet idea. So far, Heather, your tips reagarding how to eat for IBS seems to be doing me a lot of good. I've ordered two of your products and I'm waiting for them in great anticipation. I have a question for anyone who can help. Since I've cut out mayo, butter, dressings, oils, peanut butter, and all other fun things, are there any recipes for "kosher" and tasty dressings or spreads I can get my hands on. Sweet potatoes with no butter is just no fun.

smiles
catherine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: dips and spreads new
      #133287 - 12/27/04 09:48 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Welcome!
I'm not sure what you can get in Korea, but check out this list of safe brands: the list. Also, search the recipe index for things you can prepare at home. If I may toot my own horn, my favorite dip or spread recipe is my own authentic hummus. Enjoy, and feel better soon!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#133292 - 12/27/04 10:10 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Is there some reason you have to "cut out" all the items listed? I have to limit them - I measure out 1 teaspoon of a safe margerine or 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter, or buy the low fat version of the mayo or salad dressing. We still need some fat in our diet but just not too much. I usually keep fat grams to around 30 per day and spread them out as much as possible.

Hope this helps,
Leigh

#133311 - 12/28/04 07:05 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm with Leigh! I still use things, just within reason. I use soynut butter instead of peanut butter because it settles better with me, and I also use low fat mayo on sandwiches and small amounts of safe margarine on toast. Also, here's a ranch dressing recipe you might enjoy!

By the way, welcome to the boards!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review