All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what am i doing wrong??
      #56253 - 03/30/04 06:45 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I am having so much trouble finding things to eat at school and even when i think im eating the right things, im getting very sick- i dont know what im doing wrong. Today this is what i had- can anyone find where i went wrong??
Lowfat blueberry muffin/ 2 fat free fig newtons/ low fat granola bar/2 pieces potato bread and rice(the rice from the caf may have had butter, im not sure)/ some mike and ikes/ and poptarts which dont ever bother me, i also drank water throughout the day and even ran like 10 miles. Did i do anything wrong besides the possible butter on the rice??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what am i doing wrong?? new
      #56255 - 03/30/04 06:52 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

what was in the blueberry muffin?? almost EVERYTHING you said on that list would make me sick indefinately. i guess u have a really high tolerance for certian foods.

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

#56257 - 03/30/04 06:59 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

That was my thought too...the blueberry muffin. Did you make it or was it pre-packaged?

Also, what did you eat the day before?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#56259 - 03/30/04 07:09 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

well i guess i dont have good tolerance to them because i got very sick- but what are the ingredients that are causing it?? I dont know what else to eat, it seems like there is nothing i can have anyore:(

#56264 - 03/30/04 07:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well, if the muffin was premade... it might have had egg yolk, milk, butter....

Try looking at the recipe_index and make your own breads & muffins that you can take with you.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#56280 - 03/30/04 10:07 PM
Dalia

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: London / Tel Aviv / New York

hey there
I know this may be hard to hear, but practically everything you ate could have been triggers for your ibs, certainly would have been for mine.
How long ahve you had ibs?
I know it is soooo hard to come to terms with all the major dietary changes that come with ibs.
But here is a general rule to help you. Please try and keep away from pre packaged and pre cooked foods unless you KNOW for SURE what is in them. The trick with ibs is to keep things as simple as possible, and as pure. Preservatives etc in foods (muffin, granola bars) set me off like you wouldn't believe. All the foods I have to eat need to be pure as hell.
I get the feeling that you are a student. Do you have access to a kitchen? If you are not a student I am sorry I assumed so.
One of the best tricks for dealing with ibs is to learn how to cook simple nutritious meals.
HOw about cooking a huge batch of rice every few days, storing it in the fridge and taking it into work, maybe mixed with some cooked vegies for lunch. You can do that with pasta too, and try cous cous. Just stick them in a tupperware. get yourself some plain crackers, some plain bread and maybe jam/jelly if you can tolerate it.
Just try to keep things as fresh, simple and pure as possible.
Good luck XX

--------------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4802 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review