All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Total Confusion
      #50922 - 03/15/04 04:31 PM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

I just got back from the market, and tried to buy some soluble fiber base. But some of them don't say they have fiber...does the label omit this??? First off I got rice noodle bowls and they say zero fiber. But I was under the impression that rice noodles were a "yes" The risotto I got sais it has less than one gream per serving, and the quinoa acutally says 3. Is this right?

I also got some cereals...A kashi medley which is 2/1 so I understand that I should put banana in it or something, and I got some other cereal and some granola that each have 6 grams fiber, but doesnt break it down. Am I at least on the right track???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Total Confusion new
      #50923 - 03/15/04 04:44 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey there, don't worry! Most things don't list soluble fibre - just use your common sense (white flour and rice are the usual "bases"). The rice noodles would be thinking of insoluble fibre (what everyone thinks of as dietary fibre).

Are you IBS-C? I thought granola was pretty high in insoluble fibre.

Re: Total Confusion new
      #50930 - 03/15/04 05:00 PM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

Yes I am IBS-C...The granola doesnt break down sol/insol...so I guess I should just eat it sparigly or with a base? And i'll just trust that my risotto and rice noodles are good bases then.

Granola new
      #50943 - 03/15/04 05:41 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

You can also make your own IBS safe granola! There are 3 recipes on the index. They just use oats as a base and eliminate a lot of the whole wheat products that are in most store bought granolas!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Granola new
      #50954 - 03/15/04 06:34 PM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

I just want to put out a warning on the granola, it is a huge trigger for me. I have have cooked granola, but the raw oats kill my stomach. My doctor said that they can be very hard to digest.

So if you make the granola, I would eat it with other soluble food, or at the end of a good meal.

Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 642 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 512

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review