All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to the forum and I would cry (from happiness) if I weren't at work!
      #340052 - 12/27/08 09:51 AM
k-thnx

Reged: 12/27/08

I just discovered this website. As I was reading the description of IBS I couldn't believe the accuracy of what has happened to me my whole life and the description of how I feel and my reactions to my gut problems. I wanted to cry from relief but I'm at work! I just wanted to introduce myself. Before I ask any questions I'll look around! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to the forum and I would cry (from happiness) if I weren't at work! new
      #340059 - 12/27/08 12:05 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

I felt exactly the same way when I discovered this site three weeks ago. There are a lot of helpful ideas and people here, and sharing your stories and finding others who have similar experiences will be a great comfort.

Good luck and welcome.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#340068 - 12/27/08 03:53 PM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

Me too!! I've been away from the computer for a few days and I feel like I'm in withdrawal from the site and the great people I've "met"!

Welcome!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

#340075 - 12/27/08 07:30 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

It certainly changed my life months ago. I may not post every day, but I read everyone's posts almost every day. If at least someone has answered a person's post and given them hope, then I don't necessarily respond too. But, it's just a blessing when you find out someone has/is experiencing what you have/are walking through.
I have a friend who also deals with a great deal of anxiety and calls me several times a day. As she said, people do not understand unless you've been there. Any type of illness/sickness that's chronic (day/week/month/year - after year) drains you and it's wonderful to find support.
Blessings & Shalom for the New Year - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#340093 - 12/28/08 01:50 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#340158 - 12/29/08 02:08 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Welcome.. We are all here and support each other being here has changed me for the better .. I follow the diet strictly and my life has changed for the better. I had not had a bad attack in 6 months Last night was my first since being stable. It was my fault thought I ate stuff I shouldn't have and took a supplement that I shouldn't have.. This Link is where I started.. Print out the Cheat sheet I keep it on my fridge.. http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/cheatsheet.asp
Good luck and WELCOME

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#340160 - 12/29/08 02:21 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Welcome, welcome, welcome. As other's have said, this website is my saving Grace. There is so much support here when others around you have no clue what is going on, and they technically don't give a dern. These people here have become a family that understands every thing you are going through. Good blessings to you!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

welcome! new
      #340166 - 12/29/08 04:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hope you get a lot of relief.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3387 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1996

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review