All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
another vent
      #282905 - 09/18/06 03:01 PM
cos1997

Reged: 09/05/06

I am seen some postings of people venting...I needed to as well. I posted last week about a HIDA scan - I don't know the results yet, but if the reaction I had to the test was any indication, my gallbladder is fine. Argh. I am sure another test will follow that will cost me money and time...

Here is my vent - I am tired of dealing with this stuff - the IBS-A, the acid reflux. I am tired of not getting to eat the things I want (I am craving chocolate and Cherry Coke) and I am tired of getting on the scale and not putting on any weight. I feel as though I am obsessed with my stomach and BMs and what pain or discomfort I have at the moment! I feel like I am eating all the time (and the right things too - I haven't cheated) and not gaining weight and not feeling better. It is very depressing at the moment and it is getting harder and harder to keep from saying "forget it, I want my Cherry Coke and I am going to have it!" Any thoughts or suggestions or words of wisdom?

I appreciate the venting moment.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: another vent new
      #282988 - 09/19/06 06:48 AM
Karen18

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Near Philadelphia, PA

Cos--I have been following the diet for over two years, and I still have moments when I find it too restrictive. However, the longer I stick with it, the better I feel. If you hang in there, you will feel better, too. The diet is not one-size-fits-all. When I get frustrated, I read the diet board and the recipe board to get ideas from others on how I can branch out and experiment a little bit.

For instance, there isn't much you can do with the cherry Coke craving, but there is hope for chocolate! Whenever I get the need for a chocolate fix, I make hot chocolate with Ghiradelli cocoa (IBS safe) and rice milk. Silk makes a chocolate soy milk that some people seem to like. There is also Soy Dream and Rice Dream frozen desserts containing chocolate. Trader Joe's makes cookies called Chocolate Cats that are safe to eat. Some people can tolerate Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patties. I'm sure one of these options will work for you.

Hang in there, it's definitely worth it!

Re: another vent new
      #282999 - 09/19/06 07:48 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm not sure how long you've been following the Diet, but I agree with Karen18 - hang in there. The longer I was on it, the better I felt.

I don't know what medicine you're on for reflux, but if it's not helping there are a number of them out there. You could post here and see what other people are taking.

As for chocolate, there are a bunch of chocolate recipes in the Recipe Index you can try. I practically lived on the Anti-Depressant Brownies when I first started on the diet. Right now, my favorite chocolate fix is the Ultimate Chocolate Pudding Brownies from one of Heather's newsletters - they're very easy and outrageously good and definitely feel like you're eaten something you shouldn't even though they're quite safe. This should help with the weight gain, too.

The Cherry Coke is tougher but don't give up hope. You'll probably never be able to drink it all day every day, but once I got stable I found I could "cheat" from time to time with stuff like Coke or wine and do okay. Don't tell anybody.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3079 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 557

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review