All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello Everyone - New to the Group
      #268084 - 06/07/06 08:23 AM
Nicole 81

Reged: 06/07/06

Hey everyone, I am new to IBS and I am still trying to cope with it. Its been really hard for me. I lost a lot of weight because I am scared to eat. Just recently I purchased a book and its kind of helping me with what to eat and how to deal with having IBS. That's been a real big issue for me what to eat I enjoy eating and now I feel restricted. So my doctor suggested that maybe I need to join a support group to see that its not only me suffering from IBS and maybe others can give me pointers on how to deal and how they manage with IBS. I am looking forward to speaking and hearing what advise you all may have for me and just meeting others that I can relate and speak to when I am just feeling down and up.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello Everyone - New to the Group new
      #268089 - 06/07/06 08:41 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome to the boards!! Where are you from? If you are interested in "in person" support groups... check out these boards web page to see if there is one local for you. We are here for ya to help answer any questions that you are not able to find by searching this site.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#268090 - 06/07/06 08:47 AM
Nicole 81

Reged: 06/07/06

Thanks Shell I am from New York City.. I will check out the boards thanks a million

#268093 - 06/07/06 09:11 AM
aross

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Alabama

Hello,

I am new as well and I can tell you it hasn't been easy...but already I have read Heather's book "Eating for IBS" and haven't had an attack as long as I go by her advice. I have gotten frustrated with just the soluble fiber cleansing and I am slowly introducing insoluble fibers back into my diet. I know it can be upsetting especially when you realize the things you once love to eat you may not be able to eat any longer. My problem is finding the soy cheeses and meat substitutes in my area of the world...ALABAMA. This is a wonderful site for support. You have been blessed to find this website just as I was. I wish you the best and strongly advice you to read everything you can on this website and/or order "Eating for IBS" from Heather.

--------------------
Angela
IBS-D and C

#268095 - 06/07/06 09:23 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
well there's loads of information on this site about what to eat... I know how you feel about being scared to eat but don't worry things will get better
being part of this group really helps just knowing there are others out there going through the same thing so like Shell said ask away
Godbless
Vicky
xxx

Welcome. *nt new
      #268124 - 06/07/06 12:01 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 461

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review