Is Soda Pop an IBS Trigger?
Tip Takeaway: There's no such thing as a safe soda pop. If I had to actually create a deadly-for-IBS drink, I'd invent something just like it!
- Yes! The only safe ingredient in soda pop is the water.
- Most sodas are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. Fructose, or fruit sugar, is a very poorly digested simple carbohydrate, also known as a FODMAP. So what's a FODMAP?
- Fructose can cause cramps, spasms, bloating, gas, and diarrhea in people who don't even have IBS. Imagine what it can do to you.
- Is diet soda a safer bet? Nope.
- Artificial sweeteners are even worse. Splenda, NutraSweet, Equal, saccharine, sorbitol, and all other artificial sweeteners can trigger GI distress and IBS symptoms.
- Many soda pops also contain caffeine, which is a GI stimulant. Caffeine can cause urgency, cramps, diarrhea, and rebound constipation.
- Adding insult to injury, soda pop is carbonated. Carbonation can cause or increase gas and bloating, or trigger intestinal spasms.
- Unhappy at the thought of going fizz-free? It just might be easier - and more delicious - than you'd expect.
You are not alone!
P.S. If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them - just reply to this email to reach me directly.
To taming your tummy,
Heather Van Vorous
Over 40 years dealing with IBS
By the way...
If you'd rather not receive our tips or fast facts, use the link below.
You'll still receive my other emails, updates, and information on dealing with IBS.
Yes, opt me out of fast facts emails (Please keep me on your list).
You can change your email below or unsubscribe completely from my emails.
If you do, I won't be able to send you any updates about your orders, complimentary information on dealing with IBS, special deals, and much more.
If you have any issues, please reply to this email and let me know.
I'm here for you. =)
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
19203 70th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032 USA
© 2020 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.