I can't believe this is vegan. It's so rich and decadent it almost tastes more like key lime cheesecake!
1 pkg Mori-Nu firm silken tofu (I used lite)
8 oz soy cream cheese
1/2 cup key lime juice
2 teaspoon freshly grated lime rind
2 pkgs Mori-Nu Mates vanilla pudding mix (has to be this brand--it goes with the tofu)
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (to taste--I used honey even though that's not vegan )
1 prepared 9" or so pastry or graham pie crust (I used Keeblers reduced fat graham cracker crust)
1. Drain any excess water from the tofu.
2. Blend tofu and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except crust!), and blend again until smooth.
4. At this point, I had to transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer, since it was too thick and stiff for my blender.
5. Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
6. This sets up very firm.
7. It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts!
8. Enjoy! You won't believe it's IBS-safe!