4 med russet potatoes, cut into large wedges cooking spray (flavored or plain) 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1/8 tsp salt 2 cloves garlic, minced (opt)
1. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add cold water to cover. Let stand for 15 min.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with veg cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Drain potatoes in colander. Spread on a double layer of paper towels. Cover with a second layer of paper towels. Press down on the towels to dry potatoes.
4. Transfer potatoes to a clean large bowl. Spray with cooking spray, s&p. toss gently to combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, turn potatoes, sprinkle w/garlic. Bake until golden about 20 min turning baking sheet after 10 min for even browning. Serve immed with ketchup on the side.
Variation: For a sweeter flavor, use sweet potatoes instead of russets. Proceed as directly in steps 1, 2 and 3. Add 1/2 tsp of paprika when tossing potatoes with spices in step 4. Bake as directed in step 5.
Crinkle cut fries are especially crispy. Use a ripple-edged cutter to cut potatoes into 1/4" thick slices. Then cut crosswise into fries. Proceed as directed.
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!