5 egg whites
1/2tsp cream of tartar
1 cup plus 3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp anise seed crushed
3 ripe peeled peaches (16oz thawed frozen)
1 1/2 cup raspberries
1/2tsp grated lemon peel
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a deep bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with a mixer on high speed until frothy. Add 1 cup of sugar, about 1 tablespoon every 30 seconds, beating egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Beat vanilla and anise.
2. Lightly sprayand flour an 8 inch cheesecake pan with a removable rim. Spread meringue level in pan.Bake in a 275 degree oven until pale golden, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hrs.
3. Run a thin bladed knife between meringue cake and pan rim to release. Cool cake about 20 min.
4. Thinly slice peaches, mix 2 cups slices with 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
5. In a blender or food processor, whirl smooth remaiming peaches, raspberries, 2tablespoon sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Rub puree through a fine strainer bowl, discard residue.
6. Remove pan rim and set meringue cake on a plate. Spoon sliced peaches and raspberries onto cake and drizzle with about 2 tanlespoons of fruit sauce. Cut cake into wedges and add remaining sauce to taste. Makes 8 servings.
Enjoy this as a dessert after a soluble based meal.