As soon as I go shopping and buy some rice parmesan cheese, I plan on eating this!
Emeril's Shitake Mushroom Stuffing
Ingredients: --1 T olive oil (I'd substitute Pam Spray/broth) --12 oz. assorted mushrooms (stems trimmed/coarsely chopped) --1/2 t. salt --1/4 t. pepper --2 T minced shallots --2 t. minced garlic --2 T dry white wine --2 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese (substitute rice or soy parmesan) (or if not in your fridge, use dijon mustard--it has enough bite) --2 T dried fine breadcrumbs --2 t, chopped fresh parsley --1.5 T chopped fresh basil --1 t. chopped fresh oregano (I'd omit the oregano as it is a huge personal trigger and substitute either lavendar or chives)
1. Heat oil (or Pam spray/broth) in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and cook, stirring often until mushrooms wilt/carmelize.
3. Add shallots and garlic and cook stirring for about 30 seconds.
4. Add wine and cook, stirring to loosen any brown bits from the pan and until liquid has nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl of food processor.
6. Add "cheese," breadcrumbs, and herbs and process on high speed to a thick paste.
7. Transfer to a bowl and divide into four equal portions.