I came across this today whilst watching Everyday Foods, and I really liked the sound of it. I'm just wondering how safe it is, considering the portion size (it makes enough for six), and the amount of raw veg.
Pasta With Almond-Pea Pesto
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 lb. penne (or other short tubular pasta)
* 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
* 1/2 cup blanched almonds
* Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
* 1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions, adding 1 package of peas during last minute of cooking time. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and peas, and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely grind almonds. Add lemon zest and juice, remaining package of peas, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; process until well combined. With motor running, gradually add oil; process until smooth.
3. Add almond-pea pesto to pasta; toss to coat, adding reserved pasta water (as needed) to adjust consistency of sauce. Season with salt and pepper; serve.