Hi all - Just kitchen tested a recipe I got from www.fatfree.com. They were really good but more like a brownie--rich and choclately--than a cookie.
My dough came out dry because I sifted the flour--it was lumpy! So I had to add a little more syrup to get it to moisten up. If you can't scoop it w/a teaspoon to drop on the cookie sheet, just grab some w/your hand and roll into about 1" balls. Here's the recipe:
FAT FREE CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
1-1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c Karo syrup (dark or light)
3 egg whites
1. Spray cookie sheet w/cooking spray.
2. In lg bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in corn syrup and egg whites until blended. Dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (1" dia) onto prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 for 7 to 9 minutes or just until set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cookies will be soft when pressed in.
6. Cool on rack.
Makes 31 cookies
WW Points = 1 point each
The total recipe came to 31 points so if you make less than 31, just divide the number you make into 31 to get the point value of each cookie.
NOTE: MY HUSBAND REALLY LIKED THEM.
Have fun with the recipe.
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!