1 medium onion, quartered,seperated into pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger root
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1 sweet red pepper, thin sliced
3/4 cup green pea pods, stems trimmed
1/4 (8oz) head of cabbage, chopped
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, quartered
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
8 oz firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2" cubes
1 Tbsp white vinegar
3 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. In a large bowl, add onion,coriander,garlic,ginger,cumin,sugar and ground red pepper.
2. In another bowl, add sweet red pepper and pea pods.
3. Set aside.
4. In a 3rd bowl, add cabbage and mushrooms.
5. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl,sprinkle cornstarch over the chicken broth.
7. Set aside.
8. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over high hieat.
9. Add tofu and stir fry till light brown.
10. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
11. Add the onion mixture, stir constantly for 30 seconds.
12. Add sweet red pepper and pea pods, stir for 2 minutes.
13. Add cabbage-mushroom mixture,stir 2 minutes till thickened.
14. Stir tofu back in, add vinegar, toss and heat through.
15. Serve over rice.
Add cabbage if you can tolerate it, just like any other ingredients, change them if needed.
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.
Edited by Shirl (01/22/05 03:21 AM)