I tried Kree's Quick Sticky Buns and loved them, but they also made me crave something that was pretty much all cinnamon - but just as simple. So I took the basic idea from the Sticky Buns, slightly adapted the filling from Kelly Andersson's Cinnamon Rolls, and came up with these.
Quick Mini-Cinnamon Rolls Makes 12 small rolls
Pam or other cooking spray 1/2c brown sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 Tablespoon cool water 1 Tablespoon cinnamon 1 (8 ounce) can reduced fat crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spray each cup in a 12-cup cupcake pan with a little Pam.
3. In small bowl combine next 4 ingredients: 1/2c brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 Tablespoon cool water, and 1 Tablespoon cinnamon.
4. Unroll crescent roll dough; pinch seams together to form 1 rectangle.
5. Spread brown sugar mix over dough as evenly as possible, getting as close to the edges as possible. Itís easiest if you use a knife - pretend itís peanut butter.
6. Roll up from short end.
7. Cut into 12 slices.
8. Place one slice in each muffin cup.
9. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Immediately move rolls to large plate. Mine donít just fall out - I'm light on the Pam - but they pop right out if you lift them with a spoon. Cool 10 minutes and eat. (You can eat them right away, just be careful not to burn your mouth.)
It's January in New Jersey, so I can just zip the left-overs into a plastic bag and they keep on the counter for 4-5 days (the rolls haven't lasted longer than that). In the summer, I'd keep them in the fridge. Although I haven't tried it, I imagine they'd freeze okay.
If you prefer, you could probably make 6 larger rolls the same way, just bump the cooking time a little - try 5 minutes to start.
-------------------- [Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]