I eat like the fussiest child! Truly, my favourite types of foods are those which are IBS-safe and won't make me puke.
***Spinach and Mushrooms are my 2 top favourite foods, in many styles!***
1. Thai, Vietenamese (Pho rules!), can I say SOUP!!!
(No, I never quite got over the "Soup Nazi" episode of "Seinfeld!) Stuff in big bowls that you could never possibly eat. Aromatic foods! Places that give you huge pots of jasmine green tea.
2. Other Asian foods, i.e. Chinese & especially Japanese.
(Maybe it's a chopsticks thing?)
5. Safe versions of my grandmother's cooking (Polish/Ukranian foods)
4. Really plain, bland, tomatoe & sauce-free/grease-free Italian foods.
5. Breakfast. I could eat cereal all day. Virtually always safe. Mmmm...bagels, waffles, smoothies (and COFFEE!!!) Now that I think of it, it's been YEARS since I've had a croissant.
6. Holiday/festive foods. Mmmm...mushroom stuffing, birthday cake, cranberry sauce.
What I positively hate?
2. FAST FOODS
3. MAYO, and Most dressings (that come back to haunt me everytime, without fail)
4. Anything with chickpeas. Everything with bananas.
5. Indian food ( with the exception of Naan and those candies they give you for dessert.)
6. Orange foods, tomatoes, squash, sweetpotatoes, pumpkin
7. I think I'll stop here. My list is rather extensive.
8. My MOTHER's cooking. Very dangerous.
Ultimately really plain, safe, and simple. I think the environment, the utensils, the dishes, the rituals, the smells are more interesting that the food itself. Yes, I could eat virtually the same thing everyday.
Edited by Wind (12/09/05 09:18 AM)