1. Check out the yoga for IBS icon on the LEFT HAND side of the page (click on gas relieving poses.) Whoo wee! Also, if you have any children, lie on your back and have them sit on your stomach just below your belly button. That works great too.
2. Try child position in yoga (knees and feet on the floor, bring your knees into your abdomen and stretch your hands past your head on the floor) You can also alternate this position by bringing one knee into your chest on the floor and extending the other leg behind you, and then bringing your chest and head to the floor.
3. TONS of fennel tea. Try crushing it lightly with a mortar and pestle or a knife and put it in a tea strainer. Hope you like licorice taste. If you don't ( I hate it), try sneaking it in with some other tea you do like.
4. If you don't like fennel tea, I go by my standby peppermint tea. Heather's is the best.
5. Make sure you're not getting ANY dairy products or substitutes with casein or whey in them.
6. Avoid gas producing veggies for a while - such as broccoli, cauliflour, cabbage, etc.
7. Make sure you're keeping your fats down - eat low/no fat as much as possible.
8. NO large meals. Eat several small meals throughout the day. There's nothing worse than a full stomach PLUS an abdomen full of gas as well. Smaller meals are more easily digested and are less likely to produce gas.
9. Go for a 10 minute walk after meals. A little mild exercise helps with digestion. Don't lie down after meals either.
10. Eat SLOWLY. Don't gulp and chew thoroughly.
Good luck. I hope maybe a few of these will help!
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.