All Boards >> Let's Get Together!

TarasMom

Reged: 08/01/08
Loc: North Carolina
Re: my 8 year old son
      09/09/08 09:40 AM

I also am new to all of this. My daughter is also 8, has been through multiple tests and come out with a diagonsis of IBS, though no doctor ever gave me any advise on how to deal with it! It wasn't until watching our daughter suffer horribly one night that my husband suggested a support group, and I found this WONDERFUL webiste. I bought Heather's book, read her story, and changed my daughter's diet! Unlike your son, however, my daughter was ready and willing to try anything to stop the pain. She never vomits, but her pain is like watching a woman give birth! And then she would immediately go to sleep from having been through so much pain and stress. It was heart-wrenching. So, I know how you are feeling. I have been managing her diet now for about two months, with much success! She's only had a couple of bouts of pain, which were mostly gas. We're able to control that with peppermint tea and Gas-X. I've had her on mostly "safe" food for a while, gotten her on the tummy fiber, and are now slowly trying to find out what her triggers are. She's quite small for her age and now I'm trying to find a nutritionist to work with us so I can make sure she's growing and getting the right vitamins and minerals as we work through her diet. Sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted you to know someone is here to listen. My daughter and I have been kind of feeling like the lone rangers, having no one to compare notes with. I highly recommend you convince your son that changing his diet will help him regain normal activity every day. When I first changed her diet, we followed the rules of "What to eat when you can't eat anything." That's what broke her cycle to begin with. It has been a slow process of getting her under control and now starting to add back some things that we weren't sure about. Hang in there! Follow the diet and it WILL get better.
Tara's Mom

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* my 8 year old son GinaB 09/06/08 01:49 PM
. * Re: my 8 year old son TarasMom   09/09/08 09:40 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GinaB   09/13/08 07:32 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son TarasMom   09/16/08 10:13 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son TarasMom   09/10/08 05:07 PM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GinaB   09/13/08 07:46 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GaGa   09/06/08 01:59 PM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GinaB   09/06/08 02:11 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7260

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

Shop For IBS Here!