All Boards >> Let's Get Together!

GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida
Re: my 8 year old son
      09/06/08 01:59 PM

I'll start, but there are several others who actually have children suffering with this and I'm sure they have advice for you. But, it concerned me about the heavy eyes and headache - has he been tested for food allergies or allergies, in general? When I have a flare up from a food allergy, it also affects my head and eyes + my stomach. Or, has he seen an ENT or maybe even a Neurologist to make sure he's not having migraines? Even as a child, the drs. told my parents I should see a psychologist/psychiatrist because I had a "nervous stomach" - and, at the age of 59, I can't tell you how many times, in my younger years, I heard "it's all in your head". Honestly! - you would think the medical profession had progressed beyond that. IBS is a real disease, not a psychosomatic illness - it is well documented - look at Shawneric's posts on this website, he references many other sites, as well as his own which has much valuable information.

Poor baby. Does he have diarrhea? If so, can you get him to eat potatoes, bread, rice, bananas, bagels, applesauce???? Those are excellent.

Take the time to read Heather's story - explore all the diagnostic information on this website and the other posts-it will be well worth your time.

Prayers and {{Hugs}} -

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* my 8 year old son GinaB 09/06/08 01:49 PM
. * Re: my 8 year old son TarasMom   09/09/08 09:40 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GinaB   09/13/08 07:32 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son TarasMom   09/16/08 10:13 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son TarasMom   09/10/08 05:07 PM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GinaB   09/13/08 07:46 AM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GaGa   09/06/08 01:59 PM
. * Re: my 8 year old son GinaB   09/06/08 02:11 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7271

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

Shop For IBS Here!