All Boards >> Crohns Disease and Colitis Board Discussions

kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida
Re: So confused about diet
11/04/11 08:01 PM

You are right.... it is very frustrating. Many have found a lower carb diet to be beneficial for Crohn's and colitis, some the Maker's Diet, others a diet not as extreme such as eliminating starchy foods like bread, pasta, sugars. I would suggest eating foods that are whole, natural...foods like protein (poultry, fish, beef) and tolerable veggies. The SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) has worked wonders for others... a low carb diet which eliminates starches and sugars. I would definitely eliminate all breads and grains to begin, along with processed and artificial sugars.

Was your husband on antibiotics at any time?-lived/worked in water-damaged/moldy place?- been in old, damp buildings. There can be a fungal etiology to IBD.....

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/09/13/inflammatory-bowel-disease.aspx

I wil tell you that from my personal experience, going on a low carb diet/antifungal healed me from 8 years of miserable IBD (colitis). After my colon healed, I can now eat most foods in moderation that I could not tolerate before. The only way to know if this will work for you is to experiment with a diet such a this. There is not one size fits all.

Post Extras Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* So confused about diet Amyece 11/01/11 03:03 PM
. * Re: So confused about diet goldiloks72 12/17/11 07:17 PM
. * BloodPrint ELISA IgG test .... Syl 12/18/11 05:16 AM
. * Re: So confused about diet helpmek 11/08/11 05:48 PM
. * Re: So confused about diet kim123 11/11/11 09:33 AM
. * Re: So confused about diet kim123 11/04/11 08:01 PM
. * Re: So confused about diet Syl 11/03/11 05:03 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
You cannot post until you login
You cannot reply until you login
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

Shop For IBS Here!