Traditional English Summer Pudding with cream!
07/09/05 05:27 AM
Saw this recipe on the back of my frozen summer fruits and guess what its ibs friendly...well if you use a soy cream/cool whip to serve instead of clotted cream!
10/12 slices white bread 2 x 500g packages summer fruits(bought frozen but defrosted) 1 pack (250g)rasberries 10g soy marg/butter....Cant believe its not butter or oil spray could be used instead, its only to grease the pan 50g icing sugar 100g caster sugar(more finely ground than regular granulated sugar althought that could be used
1. Defrost summer fruits and strain juices into a saucepan. Add caster sugar and 150ml water to juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins(This is the summer fruit syrup)
2. Lightly grease a pudding basin with buteer/or spray with oil
3. Defrost rasberries place into liquidiser with icing sugar, blend into a puree
4. Dip each slice of bread into summer fruit syrup and line the pudding basin ensuring no gaps between the slices. Keep several slices back for top layer
5. Spoon 1/3 rasberry puree into the basin top with half the fruits, pressing down lightly - repeat, then top with the final 1/3 rasberry puree
6. Dip remaining bread in summer fruit syrup and place on top
7. Cover with cling film and place a plate with a weight on top. Refridgerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
8. Turn out the summer pudding onto a serving plate and serve with the cream.