All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
thanks. new
      #63735 - 04/22/04 08:31 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i actually did some poses this morning. i feel pretty decent right now. i couldn't do too many poses 'cause my dog wouldn't get out of the way! (he's 11 years old and 70#-- i hate to make him move when he's snoring!)

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yay! new
      #63737 - 04/22/04 08:33 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

thanks for this. (and don't worry that it was in 2 posts. who cares!?)

i am going to be a good doobie and try to do some of these energizing ones in the morning and early afternoon when i need them, and some relaxing ones before bed.

you guys have been a great help!

(and yes, i have recently started meditating a bit and i also have been doing some "breath work." all are helping a bit. if i add enough, these little bits are really going to add up and make me feel extra-great! )

--------------------

Re: yay! new
      #63979 - 04/22/04 04:32 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yay! Glad to hear it! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Re: Yoga experts: need suggestions for poses for CFS, please. new
      #69459 - 05/11/04 11:40 AM
Katy6170

Reged: 03/31/04
Loc: New Jersey

Jen,
I was gonna give you some advice for your yoga poses, but everyone did such a good job, I don't need too, I'll just reiterate, sun salutations are great for energizing your body, and the corpse pose is great for relaxation. Also, try to do some meditating after your practice, it stabilizes your energy and helps with your overall sense of well-being.
Where do you work? Those animations are wonderful, do you do those yourself?

Hope that helped a little!
-Katy

I'm no expert new
      #92078 - 07/21/04 11:05 AM
BertL

Reged: 10/31/03

I'm definitely no expert, but I would like to ad the suggestion of yoga nidra (yogic sleep) for relaxation. Most asanas are energizing, but there are also some effective breathing exercises. And the most effective is probably kundalini yoga techniques, such as ajapa japa, where you "breath" prana in different nadis and thus activate the energy system of the body. Although these techniques could also be risky and it is necessary to learn them from a well educated and experienced teacher.

Re: Yoga experts: need suggestions for poses for CFS, please. new
      #121444 - 11/13/04 07:14 AM
Carolwxyz

Reged: 11/13/04

I help to run a yoga for ME/CFS class in the UK. There are some reviews of special audio tapes for those with ME/CFS on the information page of www.sheffieldyogaforme.org . We usually practice most of the yoga lying down. Standing poses are adapted so they are don lying down. This is because over 60% of people with CFS and ME have orthorstatic intolerance.

Carol

Carol, where are you? new
      #121615 - 11/13/04 11:54 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Are you in Sheffield? I'm wondering because I'm starting a support group for people with IBS & Fibromyalgia and when it's off the ground I'm gonna be looking for a yoga teacher to come teach us - and pereferably one who knows about this stuff as well.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 43337

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review