All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
yoga and pain ?
      #232328 - 12/17/05 09:58 PM
TexasFilly

Reged: 11/04/05
Loc: Fort Worth,Texas

I am 33 yrs old and have had IBS for 3 yrs or so now. No current meds I just try to watch what I eat (with little success)My question is about yoga. I am already in pain DAILY I stay so sore in my lower abdomen that im scared to exercise for fear of making it worse ! Somedays I do good to button my jeans Any suggestions ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: yoga and pain ? new
      #232373 - 12/18/05 10:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yoga can help, but it is an idea to go gently on the abs at first! But you can still do ALOT of yoga without straining those muscles.

Also, have you tried this diet, a SFS, peppermint/fennel/chamomile teas, anti-spasmodics and heat therapy?

Re: Yea, Linz! new
      #232401 - 12/18/05 12:36 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I second what Linz just said. I did really hard yoga the other night and tore up my stomach muscles and have been having cramps and attacks for the past couple of days because my muscles are soooo very sore! I can't hardly move them.....if I do, I have an attack! And this week is my cycle! Sometimes I really wonder about myself!!

YET, ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY!! LOL!

Good Luck and remember to go EASY on the abs!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Yea, Linz! new
      #232469 - 12/18/05 08:12 PM
TexasFilly

thanks! It just helps to know someone else is out there ! I have a husband that just dosen't get all this ibs stuff! I feel I have no support at all ! Im going to start the yoga on Tuesday I hope.... we'll see !

#232470 - 12/18/05 08:15 PM
TexasFilly

Tried most everything my problem is as soon as I feel better I STOP ..I know I know it can't work unless you STAY on it.It just seems so frustrating !!! I need support that I obviously don't get at home (pity party) lol

Texas filly new
      #232735 - 12/20/05 01:47 AM
Linz

You a horse lover by any chance?

Try posting on the Eating For IBS forum...that's the one for all IBS and IBS diet posts. LOTS of support there.

Most people fall off the wagon a few times when they're starting....usually they eventually realise that it's just not worth the pain! And remember that once you are stable, you will be able to push the boundaries a little and cheat occasionally with far fewer and less serious consequences. It really makes a huge difference.

And taking a SFS every day is easy and also makes a big difference. I take my Acacia twice a day - once in my breakfast oatmeal/cereal/scrambled eggs/tea and in a cup of warm soy milk before bed. REALLY helps keep me stable no matter what else is going on.

#234102 - 12/28/05 11:37 AM
karenk

Reged: 12/02/05

Texas Filly
I have been doing yoga for over 30 years It is great and relaxing and soothing I am sure it will help you Look on Heathers website for yoga exercises but take a gentle classs and maybe get some tapes the breathing will help 10 fold
KAren

#235056 - 01/01/06 04:11 PM
Heather1992

Reged: 01/01/06

My name is Heather I dont have a suggestion but a question I have had IBS for about 8 years now my life has been pretty miserable with it. I do watch what I eat I don't normally eat dairy products because I think thats what normally triggers it but I was just wondering what foods that you dont eat or other-wise watch and make sure of stuff thank you so much God Bless and Happy New Year!!!

Heather1992 new
      #235086 - 01/01/06 08:47 PM
Linz

Hi Heather

Read the Diet Guidelines or "IBS: The First Year to start with and then post any queries in the Eating For IBS forum .

Feel free to start a new thread if you can't find answers by searching.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15103

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review