Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
More than IBS??
      #229132 - 12/04/05 05:15 AM
yorkshirecath

Reged: 12/04/05
Loc: UK

Hi Guys

I am new to the board so forgive me if i posted in the wrong place.

I have suffered with IBS for about 13yrs and over the last 6 months it has got progressively worse.
I used to get a flare up about every 2-3 months resulting in severe diarrheoa and stomach cramps. I could usually take a couple of Imodium and the bout would last about an hr. I would then be ok. The flare up was usually brought on by something i had eaten or stress.
Over the last 6 months the bouts have become more frequent and at this point they are happening every 2-3 days. Imodium no longer works and i have been in so much pain that i have nearly passed out. Food/stress is not always the problem. I can wake up and have a flare up before i've even eaten anything. Even on days when i have no pain i have the urgency to go to the toilet for most of the morning, going in excess of 10 times somedays.
Is this just IBS at it's worst or could it be more??

Thankyou for your time!

Cath x

--------------------
www.coreyowen.co.uk

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Back to the docs with you missy! new
      #229214 - 12/04/05 02:38 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Anyone with IBS should get retested if their symptoms ever change majorly so go get it done! Better safe than sorry, ya know?

In the meantime, are you following this diet and taking a SFS?

And btw the Eating For IBS forum is for all general IBS and diet posts...you'll get more responses on there too!

Re: Back to the docs with you missy! new
      #229280 - 12/04/05 11:40 PM
yorkshirecath

Reged: 12/04/05
Loc: UK

Thankyou for replying Linz
Sorry, don't know what a SFS is and as i only just found this forum i'm not following the diet. I plan on going to the doctors sometime this week

--------------------
www.coreyowen.co.uk

Re: Back to the docs with you missy! new
      #229288 - 12/05/05 02:29 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Here is the list of common addbreviations used on here.

I highly recommend getting "IBS: The First Year". It's a fantastic book, really explains IBS well and covers most ways of controlling symptoms inc. the diet.

Email me if you want to! I'm a helpline for Fibro and I don't mind doing that for IBSers as well!

Re: More than IBS?? new
      #232804 - 12/20/05 09:27 AM
lovelylisa

Reged: 12/20/05

Dear Cath,
I'm a new user and just read your post, and it somewhat alarmed me. I've had ulcerative colitis for the past two years, and your symptoms sound like those of UC. I would suggest you see the doctor asap, and ask to be tested for UC--especially if you're experiencing so many trips to the bathroom a day and abdominal cramping. Blood in the stool, sorry to be graphic, but it's true, is another sure sign. I hope you are okay.

LovelyLisa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12346

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review