All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Anyone tried this? new
      #357096 - 03/28/10 12:36 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Janey, Sorry you were personally offended by my response. Perhaps there are others who will benefit from it and not be so defensive and open to new ideas for seasoning simple things. I've noticed that some posters like to attack other posters with no valid reason for doing so. None of us are better than others, and I would like to think that we are here to lift one another up rather than beat them down.

Unfortunately some were simply born to be mean spirited, and I would like to think you are not one of them, though some of your posts are questionable when it comes to discerning this. Can you give others 'space' to be who they are and accept them as they are in love and peace?

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gerikat new
      #357097 - 03/28/10 12:40 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I just found the recipe on Oprah's site. It looks good except I would have to leave the rosemary out because it is not a spice that agrees with me.

I agree that experimenting with how much olive oil to use would be best. Depends on a persons taste I guess. I am going to try it next time I maked mashed potatoes.

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Janey

Re: Anyone tried this? new
      #357103 - 03/28/10 01:26 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I was not attacking you Windchimes. Remember, not everyone on the boards is 20 years old with no experience. I felt like you were talking down to me or lecturing me like I had no idea what I was doing in the kitchen.

I definitely don't feel that I am better than anyone else on the boards or anywhere. I am not a mean person at all, and I assume that you are not either, but like you said about me, some of your posts are questionable in that area too.

I am here to support others, like most of the people here. I do feel that I have the right to speak up for myself or express my opinion about things.We don't all always have to agree. That doesn't mean I am attacking you or anyone else.

Sometimes a simple answer will work for a question. All I needed was a simple answer to my question.

--------------------
Janey

For Janey... new
      #357111 - 03/28/10 02:26 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Janey, Honestly I was absolutely not putting you down at all! Potatoes are a fun food and can be seasoned in so many ways. Personally I like to bake up a bunch of them, and make twice-baked potatoes to put in my freezer. Some are seasoned one way and others a different way. It's so easy to pop those into the microwave when I need something to eat in a hurry.

I do my best to keep my answers simple. I'm very sorry that you were offended. What may not have helped you or been supportive to what you wanted, may in fact be helpful to someone else down the road on these boards. I wouldn't know.

What you think is supportive may not be what others find supportive. Again, my apologies to you and I'll do my best to avoid your posts in the future. Some people are 'super sensitive' and can't relate to specific others, particularly when they have already perceived another poster as some type of enemy. NOT my style at all to deliberately come across as mean spirited, nor critical of others, never mind putting them down. I believe we need to lift others up, yet at the same time be totally honest (emotionally authentic).

These are the ways that we help one another grow in positive ways. I'm not so fragile that I cannot handle constructive criticism in my life, though I know many who are not where I am in my life path and they choose to retaliate absent any real cause to.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Amy's veggie burgers... new
      #357120 - 03/28/10 08:12 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

...are simply awesome. Thicker and much better texture than any veggie burger I've tried. And I've tried a lot. I personally like the Texas burger with BBQ sauce, but they also make a fantastic "quarter pounder" burger too! Not all of their veggie burgers are dairy-free, but many are so read the labels. If they are, you'll find "Non-dairy" on the front of the box.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Thanks Lisa!-nt new
      #357138 - 03/29/10 12:51 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41560

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review