All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ibs and vegitarian
      #356389 - 03/06/10 07:17 AM

Unregistered

Heather's diet is good and it's really nice to have,but I think it is still limited from cutting out so many things and I end up missing certain things so much,but I can live with it as long as my ibs gets better and I can have a better life in the future,still working on getting better,been not touching no nos 4 or 5 days now. I can't tolerate much IF even carefully..cutting out meat in my diet would be way to hard for me to get enough food and I'd have to eat a ton more carbs for SF. I have looked at many vegan recipipes,many could be made ibs safe except for the fact they are too high in fat which was a bummer. But perhaps u can eliminate things in the recipe or adjust. I will read the veggie board and maybe will learn interesting things and get new ideas,but for me non red meat is a must and especially with ibs if I ever wanted to get into fitness I don't want to be worried how I can get enough food or constantly thinking about food so I can scramble around to get enough,no offense to anyone. I'm fine with anyone vegetarian but I just wonder how someone with ibs manages to do it especially with psuedo D or D.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ibs and vegitarian new
      #356414 - 03/06/10 09:27 PM

Unregistered

I'm not against vegetarianism,I just don't understand how someone with ibs has done this,I'm honestly curious and not trying to be unsuportive. I am interested in this board for learing purposes and checking out recipes and what others have to say on this board. I am not vegetarian but don't have anything bad to say about it.I just am curious and have some questions.

Re: ibs and vegitarian new
      #356494 - 03/08/10 08:16 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I know it seems like it would be difficult, but it really isn't at all. I probably eat all the same veggies you do, and carbs, I just substitute something else for the meat. Yes, we tend to rely on "pre-made" things like vegan meatballs (Nate's are delicious!), Field Grains sausages (they have three different flavors, all are good, they even make a "roast"), veggie burgers, and spicy chick'n patties. But each week we try to balance it all out. Maybe one or two fake meats, one or two nights of beans, one or two nights of tofu or tempeh. Try buying some fakin' bacon and making your own vegan BLT's!

I'm glad you want to learn... I really think being vegan/vegetarian can be easy if you keep it simple. what other questions do you have?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9939

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review