All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Went to co-op today and have questions: OATS new
      #112248 - 10/12/04 06:36 AM
Noixdecoco

Reged: 10/11/04

Maybe this is a dumb question so please excuse my ignorance if it is.....is "Oatmeal" the same thing as the oats that you are talking about in your recepie - or is "oatmeal" simply "oats" ground up??? I can't find "oatmeal" anywhere here but I can buy "oats" just about everywhere but am too scared try them in case they are not the same thing. I would really appreciate your feedback. Julie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OATS for Julie new
      #112442 - 10/12/04 03:10 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Hi! I don't think it's a dumb question, I'm just finding out how many different names we have for things. Oats are quite coarse, sometimes called oatflakes and they look like flakes, I think that's what Tamara called groats, they are good for porridge. Oatmeal, like you say, is ground oats, much finer, can be used for porridge too but with a smoother texture, but better in cooking. So if you want to make porridge you could use either. You may need to experiment a bit with the amount of liquid used to see how you like it - different brands vary in absorbency and you might like it a lot thicker or thinner than me.

Hope this helps!

Josephine

#112555 - 10/13/04 12:49 AM
Noixdecoco

Reged: 10/11/04

Thanks for your time Jopsephine - and yes, it does help. Yet another food I can eat - yippeeee!!

#113116 - 10/15/04 01:43 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

I just saw in another post that you live on Mauritius - wow, that sounds exotic! But presumably oats have to be imported so may be quite expensive? What foods can you get easily? Which starchy foods are traditional to Mauritius? Maybe you have some local recipes to share with us!

Josephine

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4510

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review