Loc: Minnesota

Adapted from Gourmet magazine.
1/4c hoisin
2 T. soy sauce
2T. honey
1T. ginger
1t. rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1/8t cayenne (I used 5 spice instead- yum)
1 1/2# chicken breasts (it called for thighs)
1 large plum diced
3 scallions cut lengthwise into thin strips
flour tortillas

mix sauce ingredients and add 3T to chicken. Boil the rest for 2 minutes to thicken then add plum. Grill or broil chicken- warm tortillas- let chicken rest a few minutes and then slice thinly. Wrap up chicken, sauce and scallions in tortillas.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mmm, that sounds fantastic - thanks for sharing! -nt- new
      #95676 - 08/04/04 06:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Re: Peking chicken wraps new
      #96767 - 08/09/04 11:15 AM
GailC

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Winchburgh, Scotland

This sounds lovely, i'm going to give this a try, again a recipe for the whole family

--------------------
I won't let this beat me

Gail new
      #96848 - 08/09/04 02:20 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Where is Winchburgh? We were in Scotland last October- all over! now my hubbie has started a major whiskey collection. Not cheap! Anyway hi!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Gail new
      #97427 - 08/11/04 08:50 AM
GailC

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Winchburgh, Scotland

Hi, Winchburgh is just 12 miles outside of Edinburgh, we are about 4 miles from the forth road & rail bridges. Your husband should speak to my partner as he has loads of whiskies lol.

--------------------
I won't let this beat me

Re: Gail new
      #97518 - 08/11/04 01:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Yeah they could get pissed together over e-mail. I suppose being Scottish you don't mind the smell of it (I mean you are used to it), but I think it stinks and even my cats run away when he drinks his whiskeys. Of course the stuff he buys is almost too expensive to get drunk on and he never would, but even a glass of it stinks me out of the room! LOL.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1574

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review