All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: restaurant ideas new
      #17317 - 08/14/03 08:06 PM
LTaylor

Reged: 08/14/03

I had that Sierra Smoked Turkey sandwich. I enjoyed it a lot, and it didn't hurt my tummy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#17318 - 08/14/03 08:10 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

That is my favorite!!! Whenever we're on the road, we look for a Quiznos to get the Sierra Smoked Turkey, the sauce is wonderful.....glad you enjoyed it.

#17319 - 08/14/03 08:12 PM
LTaylor

Reged: 08/14/03

You know if I were a better cook, had some additional business sense, and I was risk taker --- I would open a restaurant geared to people with stomach ailments. I would call it "The Sensible Gourmand."

#17320 - 08/14/03 08:23 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

There are more and more restaurants catering to low fat now, it's wonderful for us. Baja Fresh Mexican food is also good, they now have a Bare burrito, rice, beans and grilled chickens/peppers. Their grilled chicken tacos are also good, they don't put any cheese on them either.

Thanks to the vegans!! new
      #17351 - 08/15/03 06:03 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

The national pizza chains are used to people ordering pizza without cheese because of all the vegans out there. Most of my teenage son's friends are vegan and they order pizza like this all the time. I was nervous about ordering it like this the first time I did, but they didn't even blink! You gets a lot more fresh veggies this way! I actually prefer it this way. Of course, I love garlic so I sprinkle garlic powder on mine.
Listening to my son talk about what his friends order has actually helped me. They get burritos at Taco Bell without cheese, Chinese vegetarian dishes with rice, etc. They wouldn't eat at a hamburger joint for anything. At least these kids' tummies will be in good shape.

Greek restaurant new
      #17352 - 08/15/03 06:10 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I eat at a Greek restaurant all the time. They have a marinated grilled chicken shish ka bob served over rice. Or sometimes I get a pita sandwich with grilled chicken and sauteed bell peppers and onions. The hummus dip doesn't hurt my stomach as long as I order it and the pita bread without any oil. (Did you know most restaurants brush oil on their bread?) I just skip the salad because it's loaded with feta cheese and topped with lots of oil. Sometimes I eat a little salad (dry) and pick the cheese off.
We also have a place called Quodoba. It's a Mexican place sort of like Subway. You can choose what you want on your burrito or fajita. I get grilled chicken, black beans, sauteed veggies, a little lettuce, and salsa. Or you can order the burrito "naked"----the ingredients served over rice with the flour tortilla on the side. Look for these assembly line Mexican places when you are out of town because they are becoming more and more popular.
Even McDonald's and Burger King now have a grilled chicken sandwich. Just ask for it with NO Mayo. The same for Chick Fi La---their grilled chicken sandwich is delicious!

#17375 - 08/15/03 09:32 AM
Judithg

Reged: 07/14/03
Loc: California

P.F. Chang's is a Chinese restaurant chain that has some good "safe" selections. For those of us who are wheat/gluten intolerant, they even have a gluten-free menu! They seem to have several other special menus available as well, and it says right on their main menu that if you have food intolerances or special requirements to let them know. They seem very open to working with you on whatever your dietary needs might be (lactose, gluten, fat, vegan, etc.).

#17473 - 08/15/03 03:33 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

I just ate at a PF Changs in Tulsa when visiting my sister -it was great! Loved their lettuce wraps appetizer!

#17483 - 08/15/03 04:38 PM
ArynMagoo

Reged: 08/13/03
Loc: California

where in california are these restaurants located?

Re: A Place of Our Own new
      #17495 - 08/15/03 07:32 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

sounds like a DREAM! nt

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review