All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sugar free recipes?
      #91047 - 07/16/04 09:09 PM
sueEdge

Reged: 07/16/04

Does anyone have any suggestions for sugar substitutes I can use in recipes? So many of the lovely recipes posted here are 'verboten" to me because they use sugar. I can't tolerate any cane sugar product and I can't seem to tolerate honey or any concentrated fruit sugar either.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sugar free recipes? new
      #91152 - 07/17/04 02:14 PM
jonsie57

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: dallas, texas

The only suggestion I would make would be if you could tolerate splenda...I am allergic to splenda but it's a great substitute for sugar....However when I posed this same question for sugar substitute I was told not to use them...So this would be my only suggestion if splenda is allowed...however, I do believe it is a diretative of sugar so I am not too sure..

Re: sugar free recipes? new
      #91356 - 07/18/04 05:13 PM
Candy

Reged: 07/18/04

Have you tried Stevia ? It's a herb that you can use in place of sugar. It comes as a powder or liquid. It is many times sweeter than sugar. You can find it in your health food stores.
I can't have any processed sugars but I can tolerate small amounts of Sucanat. It's made from organic sugar cane juice and not the sugar cane itself. It still retains all the vitamins & minerals. It works well in most baking. You can get it at health food store & some grocery stores.

In baking alot of the time if your using fruit you can add more fruit or even pureed fruit, applesauce. Also adding more spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.. can really help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 495 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1518

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review