All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
need recipe for Mahi Mahi
      #86206 - 07/04/04 01:53 PM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Hi, I have been searching all my cookbooks and haven't found a recipe yet that sounds like it will work w/Mahi Mahi.I just bought some and want to cook it soon.Anyone have any ideas or recipes? I love fish and whenever I go to the beach that's all I will eat(like now). I want to collect recipes for every kind so I'll be prepared and tummyhappy.
Any ideas? Huh/ Huh? (TeeHee) Suzy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

POACHED MAHI-MAHI (FISH) new
      #86271 - 07/04/04 08:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

POACHED MAHI-MAHI (FISH)
revised from www.COOKS.COM

1/2 c. dry white wine
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. minced dill
1 lb. mahi-mahi
Dilly seafood sauce (see below)

In large skillet, combine wine, lime juice and dill; bring to a boil over high heat. Add mahi-mahi and reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 10 minutes per inch. Thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from liquid.

Serve with sauce.

Sauce: Combine in small bowl 1 cup FF mayonnaise, 1/4 cup soy or rice milk, 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle, 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice and 1 tablespoon horseradish. Mix well. Chill overnight or several hours.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

MAHI MAHI MAUI STYLE new
      #86273 - 07/04/04 08:37 PM
Shell Marr

MAHI MAHI MAUI STYLE
Revised from www.COOKS.COM

1 1/2 lb. mahi mahi
2 tbsp. (ibs safe) butter, divided
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. honey
1 tbsp. sesame seeds

In skillet set at 250 degrees or medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add garlic and saute until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in teriyaki, lemon juice, honey and sesame seeds. Pour over fish and marinate 30 minutes.

Heat 1 tablespoon butter ( or I bet you could use like Pam cooking spray too ) in skillet. Set at medium heat. Add fish and saute 4-5 minutes on each side, basting with marinade. Garnish with parsley. Makes 4 servings.

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (07/04/04 08:38 PM)

MARINATED MAHI MAHI new
      #86278 - 07/04/04 08:40 PM
Shell Marr

MARINATED MAHI MAHI
From www.COOKS.COM

1 lb. mahi mahi (can use any white fish)

MARINADE:

1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 tbsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 - 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
8 oz. sliced mushrooms

Combine marinade.

Wash fish and place in zip lock bag. Pour marinade over fish and move fish around so marinade covers and surrounds fish. Marinade in refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours. Spray glass casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour fish and marinade over sliced mushrooms in casserole. Bake in 350 degree oven until fish is flaky.

--------------------

MINTY - LIME GRILLED FISH new
      #86279 - 07/04/04 08:43 PM
Shell Marr

MINTY - LIME GRILLED FISH
From www.COOKS.COM

2 limes freshly squeezed
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 med. cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 c. dry white wine
2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves
1 1/2 inch thick fish fillets (mahi-mahi, swordfish, mako,
tuna, bluefish, or whitefish)

Make the marinade by combining all ingredients, except fish, in a bowl. Score fish skin and place fillets in a shallow dish just large enough to accommodate them.

Pour marinade over fish and turn it, coating both sides. marinate in refrigerator for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning several times and spooning marinade over the tops of the fillets.

Grill over medium hot fire, 8-10 minutes per side, basting before you turn.

--------------------

Re: MARINATED MAHI MAHI new
      #86388 - 07/05/04 09:10 AM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

WOW Shell Marr, I sure am glad you were available to help.There are so many good ones here. They all look great.
I even found a new website to search for recicpes w/your answer.Thank you so much.
I have a question.Do you know if this recipe is okay bec. of all the oil called for? I often run into this problem and figure I shouldn't use it and therefore hunt for another recipe.

#115332 - 10/24/04 06:50 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

If this was just being used as a marinade, it would probably be okay. BUT, you end up using the marinade in the dish, so I would say it's too much. How to cut this one back, I'm not sure. Maybe try 1/4 cup oil? Anyone have any suggestions?

#115347 - 10/24/04 08:46 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

If this was just being used as a marinade, it would probably be okay. BUT, you end up using the marinade in the dish, so I would say it's too much. How to cut this one back, I'm not sure. Maybe try 1/4 cup oil? Anyone have any suggestions?

It should be fine as is... since you remove the fish to grill... you will not be eating all of the marinated.

--------------------

#244802 - 02/07/06 01:58 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

It should be fine as is... since you remove the fish to grill... you will not be eating all of the marinated.

Oh, I just realized that you don't remove this one for grilling, you put it in the oven...so as Melissa suggested... I would also reduce the oil.

Anyone try any of these dishes in this thread yet? It's almost grillin time for me.... I can't wait!

--------------------

There's a "time" for grilling time? new
      #244808 - 02/07/06 02:30 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

What is this "grilling time" you speak of? Seasonal?

Okay, we don't have a grill at the moment, but in my family, 20-30 minutes before the appointed meal is "grilling time" no matter what the weather!

Re: There's a "time" for grilling time? new
      #244821 - 02/07/06 03:49 PM
Shell Marr

LOL.... I'm just a wimp and don't like to cook outside when it is cold weather... LOL So, Spring & Summer are "grillin time" for this girl.... LOL

--------------------

my two favorite ways new
      #245126 - 02/08/06 05:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I like to marinade briefly in ginger, garlic, soy sauce and some lime juice and grill. Serve with mango salsa.
Or season heavily with Chef Prudhomme's Redfish Magic and cook in grill pan or cast iron pan. Mahi Mahi is very good because it is denser and tastier than most fish.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Mahi fillet cooking time? new
      #290035 - 11/14/06 10:49 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

About how long would it be until the fish is flaky if you're working with fillets?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 590 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review