All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pita bread
      #84397 - 06/29/04 11:05 AM
twns

Reged: 06/16/04

Does anyone have any suggestion with what to do with pita bread?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pita Bread Ideas new
      #84404 - 06/29/04 11:11 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I love dipping pita bread into homemade or store bought hummas. It's very yummy.

Or else why not try making a sandwich out of pitas? Put some turkey deli meat or grilled chicken with your favorite sandwich fixings.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pita bread is my favorite bread in the whole wide world! new
      #84417 - 06/29/04 11:28 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I literally use it for just about anything that you would do with regular bread... and then some.

If you're ok with tomato sauce, and have found a soy cheese you like, they make a pretty good pizza crust.

I like it with just about any soup or stew - you need bread for dunking, after all! It's also good with any sort of saucy "ethnic" foods, most of which would have been served with a flatbread of some kind - I love it with Indian and Ethiopian.

I've seen "pita chips", and I bet they're pretty easy to make. Split the pitas into single layers, break them into smallish pieces. Spray with a little canola cooking spray, and sprinkle with some seasonings - I bet garlic powder and basil would be good, yum. Bake in a low-temp oven till dry and crisp.

Incidentally, one of the tastiest sandwiches I ever had was a veggie burger, topped with avocado slices, wilted spinach, sauteed mushrooms, soy mozzarella, and hummus. It sounds bizarre, but it was SO good. They served it on a roll, but I think that combination (or even using a turkey burger instead) would be REALLY good in a pita!

Ok, I can keep going for a long time... I'll shoosh now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review