All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy cheeses
      #8392 - 05/06/03 03:47 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

I live on Long Island,NY and I was wondering were you can find soy mozzarella,parmesan etc. I found Tofutti amer. cheese but it was horrible! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy cheeses new
      #8395 - 05/06/03 03:56 PM
danie

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: NYC

Hi,
I'm in NYC and I know you can find Veggy Singles (they are individually wrapped) soy cheese. They are really great tasting. You can go to health food stores but many supermarkets carry them now. They come in a variety of flavors, American (the one I like the best), Swiss, Provolone. Soy parmesan and mozzarella might be a challenge, I have never tried the substitutes but I know they have them in health food stores.

#8398 - 05/06/03 04:09 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I am very eager to try soy cheese. I have yet to find a health store around here, so its gonna be a bit hard though. Does anyone know if any company makes rice cheese? (cheese made out of rice milk)

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#8400 - 05/06/03 04:33 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've had this brand of rice cheese: http://www.galaxyfoods.com/soyco.html#2 They are pretty good. I can't even tell the difference with their mozzarella. The cheddar left a little be desired, but all the rest I've tried was okay. (parm, sour cream, cream cheese)

I've found soy cheeses a lot easier. Most of the time they are with the fruits a vegetables at grocery stores. As a matter of fact, I found soy blue cheese and feta the other day at my grocery store. I was surprised! I never saw those kinds before.

#8417 - 05/06/03 05:50 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I actually like the rice cheese better than soy. I love the Soyco brand and I thought the cheddar wasn't bad. I made mac n cheese with it and my family loved it. However, I do like the moz. more.

#8630 - 05/08/03 12:36 PM
Wolfie

Reged: 05/06/03

I can't remember the brand name, but the local Publix sells Rice Slice rice cheese in several flavors, as well as "parmesean" in a shaker can.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2218

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review