All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Absolutely Delicious & Sweet Treat
      #81312 - 06/20/04 05:31 PM
betterbrenda

Reged: 06/20/04

A few nights ago I was DYING for something sweet and didn't have anything that was safe, until I figured out my new, favorite sweet treat. All you have to do is take a flour tortilla (Trader Joe's Totally Natural Tortillas are awesome for this), spray a non-stick pan with a tad of cooking spray, put the tortilla in the pan and turn it on medium-high, then let it get really crispy. Take it out of the pan and put it on a plate. Drizzle honey all over the tortilla and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. It's fast and sweet and crispy - and best of all IBS SAFE!!
enjoy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What a great idea! -nt- new
      #81350 - 06/20/04 08:30 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Sounds tasty! new
      #81354 - 06/20/04 08:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

And welcome to the boards, too!

Another idea new
      #81411 - 06/21/04 05:07 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

that I do. I spray the tortillas with water and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake in the oven at like 350 for about 10-15 min. I have even dipped tortilla pieces in water and then cinnamon and sugar. It gets messy and very sugary but it crisps up so well and tastes so great. We did them for my sil's wedding shower back in October. BTW, Ah!Laska makes non-dairy chocolate syrup which is also great to dip them in.

Did you microwave your's? They did get crispy in the microwave? I've never tried the microwave but I'm sure that is a better way to make them fast and without heating the house in the summer. I've been wanting to make them again.

Re: Absolutely Delicious & Sweet Treat - add an apple new
      #82564 - 06/23/04 07:13 PM
fitnessmelis

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Massachusetts

I tried this tonight, and it tasted great. Thanks!! I peeled, cored and chopped a small apple - and then heated it up. I put it on top and it was a nice addition, tasted yummy and a safe way to get insoluble fiber.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 622 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review