All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
S U S H I and S U S H I M I ! ! ! !
      #79271 - 06/15/04 08:15 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

I have been picking up sushi and sushimi for lunch or dinner occasionaly from Whole Foods or my local grocery store. It is super yummy... and completely in line with the IBS diet (fish and rice). Just skip on the wasabi if you are sensative to spicy. Sometimes I pick up a bag of seaweed (raw), cook it, refrigerate it, and add soy, a dash of pepper, a few sesame seeds, and bit of Annie's Low Fat Gingerly Vinagarette to make a seaweed salad to eat on the side. YUM!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: S U S H I and S U S H I M I ! ! ! ! new
      #79993 - 06/16/04 12:36 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I have always loved sushi and sashimi, and can usually eat it with no problem, EXCEPT, once in a while, I get horrible D. I mean, I can barely make it home fast enough. This happens no matter how reputable the place is, and it even used to happen before I really had IBS. It took me a couple of tries, but I think I finally isolated the trigger -- spicy tuna rolls are my favorite, but they must have a lot of mayonaisse in them or something. Now, I avoid any rolls that seem to have non-fishy things in them, and anything topped with a sauce, and I am fine. As an added precaution, I always get a bowl of white rice on the side and I have a bit of rice between each roll or piece of sushi or sashimi. Lately, I haven't had any problems.
Just make sure you don't break the cardinal rule of sushi eating (and fish eating in general) -- never get it on a Monday, 'cuz there ain't no fishin' on Sunday!
Enjoy!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Spicy tuna is the cause new
      #80044 - 06/16/04 02:31 PM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

SAem for me- Spicy tuna almost killed me! It took a little detective work- but now I steer clear of anything not fish- but rolls with Avacado are ok.

evan

I make my own sushi.... new
      #80298 - 06/17/04 07:32 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Sushi is one of my "IBS comfort foods". Any of the Japanese "Soba" (noodles) and the vietnamese noodle soups are totally safe. Bland but flavorful if that makes any sense. I love it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 590 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 971

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review