All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
George Foreman?
      #7488 - 04/26/03 06:43 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi all.... a long long time ago I received one of those mini George Foreman grills...the kind that might fit two pieces of fish or chicken, if you're lucky (more suitable for one probably). Anyhow, I'm ashamed to say that I've only used it once, and I remember it not cooking all the way in the middle or something. And I've never tried it since....so I was wondering if anyone out there uses one, and has any recommendations? Anything that comes out really well? I was looking at Amelia's tuna burger recipe and thought it would probably work really well for those...

TTFN,
cheme

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: George Foreman? new
      #7489 - 04/26/03 06:50 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Actually, that's funny, right after we ate the Tunaburgers my boyfriend was looking at the Tunaburger recipe and he said, "Oh, we could have grilled them!" And I said, "Yeah, but I don't have a grill." Well, it turns out he has one of those George Foreman grills, but it's at a friend's house. So next time I'll be grilling 'em too. Let me know how they turn out?

We LOVE cooking on the George Foreman Grill! new
      #7500 - 04/26/03 07:34 PM
Sue48

Loc: The Sunflower State: Kansas

Hi,
The grill is a great tool...maybe you just didn't cook the food long enough.
I suggest you try it again.
The herb whitefish recipe Heather has is really good using the grill...
Best of luck

--------------------
Sue

Every Household Needs One! new
      #7512 - 04/26/03 08:33 PM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

I think its essential!! I cook all meats on here! It really does reduce the fat. Grilled cheese is fun too! No more butter! I tried thin sliced potatoes but in order to get the crinkle cut look from the grill, I think they should be parboiled first to make them a tad softer. I've done burgers and they do cook all the way through. I've never had anything burn either.

3 Cheers for the George Foreman Grill!

Re: Every Household Needs One! new
      #7518 - 04/26/03 08:52 PM
steather

Yeah, I've heard people just rave about the grill, so I figured I'd dust the cobwebs off mine and give it a go. Thing is, I generally don't eat "big slabs of meat", lol....I'd much rather toss meat up in stir-fries and such, than eat it plain, meat and potatoes style! Freak that I am

I do, however, love fish and all types of seafood. So I know I could use the grill for that... which I'll definitely look into.

And ever since I found dairy to be a trigger, I havent really had cheese - I need to look into buying soy cheese, and give that a go, since I really did love grilled cheese sandwiches. And no need to butter? You just throw a slice of cheese between two pieces of bread and put in on the grill? Nifty.

--------------------
Heather

Re: We LOVE cooking on the George Foreman Grill! new
      #7537 - 04/27/03 03:58 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I love the grill as well. its the lean mean fat reducing machine!! lol. I like to put thin cuts of turkey breast on it. It only takes about 15 mins to come out just right. I then put in in between a hamburger bun and voila! A perfect meal.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Every Household Needs One! new
      #7541 - 04/27/03 05:25 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

We don't eat big slabs of meat either. But when we do stirfrys - I still cook the small pieces of meat on the grill. I even do ground meat on there too! We eat ALOT of chicken breast which I also cook on the grill. The non-stick surface is so great - it just makes sense to use it for everything! The only prob I found was making sure it was all balanced. Did veggies one time but because the onions were cut thicker than the bell peppers and the mushrooms - the smaller veggies didn't cook as fast.

Yup - bread and cheese! The grilled cheeses are great!

Wonderful Tools new
      #7573 - 04/27/03 12:06 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I love my Grill too! I found it wonderful when I was needing to break the cycle. It was so wonderful because
it grills then, they don't burn and it takes out all the extra fat. They are wonderful for IBS-ers
because we don't have to add anything to the grill to make it cook right. I use my EVERY single night. Also - my
husband has cooked bacon or breakfast sausage on them and it just sucks the grease right out of there. And
then I have been able to steal a piece or two off of there. But I don't do that often or I am just asking for
trouble LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Cleaning the grill new
      #7574 - 04/27/03 12:14 PM
BarbBT

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: Chicago suburb, IL

I love my grill, but I hated cleaning it. Even though it has a non-stick coating, I was always struggling to get it clean. Then I read a great hint and it works like a charm:

Unplug the grill and let it cool for about 5 minutes. While the grill is still slightly warm, place two paper towels that have saturated with water on the grill and close the lid. Once dinner's finished, all you need to do is use some additional paper towels to wipe the grill clean. And voila! A clean grill!

Hope that makes cleaning easier. (I figure anything that makes my life easier is a "plus!")

Barbara

Re: Cleaning the grill new
      #7597 - 04/27/03 02:00 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

wow I never thought of that! I too hate scrubbing to get it clean. Thanks so much! WHat a wonderful idea

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Cleaning the grill - thanks for the tip! Will make my life easier. n/t new
      #7604 - 04/27/03 03:37 PM
steather

--------------------
Heather

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4099

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review