All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
KREE!
      #73146 - 05/25/04 08:14 AM

Unregistered

Kree do you know of any Vegetarian or Vegan cooking classes in Rochester? IBS is very easily maintained with an almost Vegan Diet, except for Chicken and a little fish (which I can add to any Vegan meal if I wanted to).
I am trying to teach myself how to cook but I need more instruction. Do you know of any?

Thanks
Dina

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Rochester Vegan Society new
      #73191 - 05/25/04 09:25 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Dina. I don't know of any cooking classes, but I recently stumbled across the website of the Rochester Vegan Society. They meet once a month and maybe they would be able to help you adapt for diet! I think going almost-vegan is a great idea... I'm pretty much there too. I once told my mom I might as well just become a vegan... but that I'd miss chicken too much.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Rochester Vegan Society new
      #73210 - 05/25/04 10:07 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

My mom would flip out if I told her that. I'm sure you've seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Well that's basically my family. The scene where Aunt Vula says, "You don't eat no meat?! I'll make you lamb," pretty much sums up my family.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#73229 - 05/25/04 10:45 AM

Unregistered

i actually took a chance and went to Kitchen Etc in Henrietta. they had a vegetarian class on August 3rd. So a friend and I signed ourselves up. they are making Portabella Panini, Veggie lasagna, Gazpacho, and Potato Pancakes. At least I can learn to cook them and then substitute soy for whatever dairy they use.

Family! new
      #73288 - 05/25/04 12:37 PM
Kree

Quote:

My mom would flip out if I told her that. I'm sure you've seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Well that's basically my family. The scene where Aunt Vula says, "You don't eat no meat?! I'll make you lamb," pretty much sums up my family.

Amanda, I know just what you mean! Most of my family is pretty decent, but I have one aunt who just doesn't get it... and her husband has Crohns and her son has Colitis so you'd think she would!! But they're able to eat dairy so she thinks I should be able to as well. Once she made stuffed shells and made me a separate little dish without cheese... except she sprinkled parmesan over the top because she "just couldn't resist" and said it would be fine because that type of cheese is so low in lactose. Argh!! Like she knows what will be fine for me!

Okay, I'm done venting now... I just wanted to say I feel your pain. Lol.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#73289 - 05/25/04 12:38 PM
Kree

Quote:

i actually took a chance and went to Kitchen Etc in Henrietta. they had a vegetarian class on August 3rd. So a friend and I signed ourselves up. they are making Portabella Panini, Veggie lasagna, Gazpacho, and Potato Pancakes. At least I can learn to cook them and then substitute soy for whatever dairy they use.

Dina, that's great!! Where in Henrietta is this Kitchen Etc place? I've never heard of it and it sounds like something I need to check out!

--------------------

#73290 - 05/25/04 12:40 PM

Unregistered

its on Hylan Drive, right across from Marketplace Mall
Near Borders Books... In that plaza

Its amazing! Its the largest kitchen store I have ever seen and they have great classes, one day classes.

#73313 - 05/25/04 01:08 PM
Kree

Wow, I can't believe I noticed it there. And so close to Laurie's, one of my favorite places to shop, lol. I'll have to take a trip to Henrietta soon.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3646

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review