All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Free ice cream night
      #7075 - 04/24/03 11:32 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I know most IBSers don't eat ice cream (the non soy kind that is) - heck I havent been to a Baskin Robbins in who knows how long. We do have an ice cream place in AZ, called Cold Stone Creamery, that I reaaaaally miss every now and then, especially the Cheesecake ice cream with chunks of brownies and strawberries...mmmmm...

BUT anyhow, on to what I originally posted for! LOL. Baskin Robbins is having a free ice cream night on April 30th, for info see BR web page

I figured it was worthy passing along, and maybe a nice free treat for all those kids out there?

Btw, the offer is valid pretty much everywhere - US, Canada, Australia...Japan's having their own free night on May 9.

Also, if Ben and Jerrys is giving a free scoop on April 29 from noon to 8. Man, talk about spoiling your kids - ice cream two nights in a row??

-chemegurrl

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Free ice cream night new
      #7144 - 04/24/03 11:00 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Heheh, not only are Baskin-Robbins and Ben and Jerry's BOTH within walking distance of my dorm, but at least around here, both of them offer dairy-free sorbet...I might be checking out these "free scoop" nights, and I don't even have kids....

#7147 - 04/24/03 11:26 PM
steather

Hehe, we used to have a Ben and Jerrys in walking distance to campus too, but it was very short lived....was run out of business by Cold Stone Creamery...I'm telling you, that stuff is heavenly. Ahh....memories Cold Stone has not catered to us IBS folk yet...hopefully they will someday!

And I figured Baskin Robbins with its variety of flavors, might have something safe for us, but its been so long since I've been there...I just remember always getting the bright colored kiddie flavors And I always was a fan of blue bubble gum ice cream....and spitting the gum balls out into that plastic cup...oh to be 8 again

--------------------
Heather

#7179 - 04/25/03 06:14 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Can anyone tell me the difference between sorbet, sherbert and frozen yogurt?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7287 - 04/25/03 11:17 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Quote:

Many different frozen desserts on the market provide options for just about any palate, diet or lifestyle. Ice creams now come in low-fat and even no-fat versions. Frozen yogurt is lower in fat, but not necessarily low in calories and is more digestible than milk. Sherbet is a frozen mixture of sweetened fruit juice and water, which may contain milk, egg whites and/or gelatin. Sorbet is distinguished from sherbet by the fact that it never contains milk. Granita (also Granité) or Ice is a sweetened frozen mixture with a granular texture. Tofutti is dairy-free ice cream made from tofu (soybean curd).
--http://homecooking.about.com/library/weekly/aa071999a.htm

Keep in mind, however, that I have encountered sorbet that DID contain milk (Edy's Coconut), so read labels.

Thanks So Much Amelia!!-nt- new
      #7299 - 04/25/03 12:39 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Thanks, also, for the definitions...-nt- new
      #7305 - 04/25/03 12:49 PM
Sue48

Loc: The Sunflower State: Kansas

--------------------
Sue

Baskin Robbins' Own Fact Sheet new
      #7323 - 04/25/03 02:35 PM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Hi Angela & all,

Here is Baskin Robbins' nutritional information page. It lets you compare the numbers side-by-side. Have fun!

I, for one, plan to get some Daiquiri Ice next Wednesday evening. Thanks for the info, chemegrrl.

sperry_twiggins

#7326 - 04/25/03 02:48 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

LMBO - I remember doing the same thing!!! Now that I think back - why did we get the gum ball ice cream if we never ate the gum anyways LOL.

Memories!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#7330 - 04/25/03 03:00 PM
steather

Must have been some sort of prepubescent ritual one must pass before hitting the teen years...I'm glad someone else shared the fun!

--------------------
Heather

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5726

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review