All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint Fudge Cake....
      #68774 - 05/08/04 07:35 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

We had potlock at work today and my co-workers loved the cake. They couldn't believe it was low fat and so yummy.

Thanks Heather for the awesome recipe!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint Fudge Cake.... new
      #68777 - 05/08/04 07:44 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

it's always a winner!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#68780 - 05/08/04 07:47 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

especially when everyone ask for the recipe!!!!

#68835 - 05/09/04 09:12 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I made it for Christmas at my parents' house. I am the only one with IBS, but everyone likes to eat healthy. I also have a crazy (I mean CRAZY) aunt who believes she is allergic to everything, so a lot of people were happy to have a low-fat cake with no eggs or dairy. It was so delicious that during the following week I ate all the leftover cake. Yum!

Meanwhile, just to elaborate on the crazy aunt, so you don't think I'm being intolerant .... I am starting to believe her about dairy in general just not being healthful, so I'll agree with her on that one. But how has she determined her other allergies? I'm absolutely not kidding -- here is what her "doctor" did. He had her stick out her arm, palm up. He placed in her hand a bag of flour, or sugar, or rice, or whatever else he was testing for. If her arm moved down, that meant she had no resistance to the food, so she was ALLERGIC to it. If her arm stayed up, she was not allergic. I swear I am not kidding. We are talking about a reasonably intelligent woman who went to college and has a secretarial job at an investment bank. She is absolutely nuts. She has had these imaginary allergies forever, and has convinced her 12-year-old son that he has them too. Okay Andrew, I see that you are eating that piece of bread, but don't come crying to me when your ears hurt! Keep in mind, no actual MD or board-certified allergist has ever diagnosed allergies in either of them. She says things like, Andrew had a bite of a chocolate bar three days ago -- now look at the dark circles under his eyes! My poor uncle gets up super early every morning to bake them their special bread and make her special ginger tea. He eats like a normal person but somehow has come to believe that her allergies are real. She brings all her own food to my mother's house (which in her mind means she has no duty to help in the kitchen or with the cleanup). She is so particular about only having her special food -- until she won a radio contest for free dinner with some of the radio DJs ... and she had NO problem eating the food there! I guess she's not allergic to FREE food. Is she nuts or am I just mean?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#68836 - 05/09/04 09:14 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Oh I forgot to mention ...
When I was buying the ingredients for the cake, I found a bag of broken up Andes Candies, to be used as chips in baking. I took just a few of them and sprinkiled them around the top of the cake, which I baked in a bunt pan, so it looked like a pretty christmas wreath. I also sprinkled some green sugar chrystals around it too. It looked really festive!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

ROFLMBO new
      #69307 - 05/11/04 09:13 AM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

I've heard of this!!! A "friend of a friend" had done this
"muscle testing" for her son, who had big skin problems. I laughed like heck when I heard about it, but it seems to have worked for them. Don't know how much of the success is psychological, but whatever works, right? Besides, if they're like us, they're sick to death of traditional doctors who haven't a CLUE what's wrong and are so quick to prescribe yucky drugs.

I know your aunt sounds crazy, but probably the best you can do is respond with compassion. I sometimes feel crazy myself and the compassion people give me is far better than the derision I get on occasion. IBS is such a "gray area" disease, you know, in that it affects us all differently. Look how wildly opposite our symptoms can be! C and D! I ask you!

And don't worry - you can always feel free to discuss your aunt's quack healers with us! Hee hee hee - we love a good laugh around here.

sperry_twiggins

AmandaPanda - Whacko Aunt?- maybe - maybe not new
      #69501 - 05/11/04 12:36 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

When my son was about 4 years old I took him to an allergist (MD) he did very similar testing. He had me hold my son on my lap and put one hand on his belly... then he had me hold various vials of liquids like soy and he had me try to push up my other arm which he could tell if there was resistance. VERY BIZARRE! We didn't go back after that visit. It is called Applied Kinesiology, muscle resistance testing. Some people really believe that it is helpful and found the results to be right on so there may be something to it. We weren't impressed though.

If you're interested do a search on Google for Applied Kinesiology.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1504

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review