All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: bagel recipes for the bread machine new
      #161655 - 03/17/05 05:28 PM
BrianW

Reged: 03/10/05
Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

I would be interested in the other bagel recipes Sharon. please email to briwhitt@hotmail.com thanks

--------------------
helpforibs is my saviour from IBS-C....all hail Heather Van Vorous!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: recipes new
      #163201 - 03/23/05 03:46 AM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

im glad im not the only one who has horable gas..i would rather have just about anything else then gas.i get it up threw my thoart and it gets wrose when im in public and cant let it out,or i have an aniext attack,sometimes it gets trapped in there,and that is very painful.my stomach sweels up like im 6 months pregnet,and ill be passing gas excessivly for an hour staright.the gas never stops its a nightmare.anyone got any suggestions?

Gas...Fennel! new
      #163205 - 03/23/05 04:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Fennel tea is amazing for gas! And taking a SFS regularly will also help, as will cutting out all the triggers and being extra careful with veggies - especially the gassy ones like onion, broccoli, etc.

Re: Gas...Fennel! new
      #163223 - 03/23/05 05:32 AM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm smiling, just finished replying to you on the other board and just finished my cup of fennel tea! Neeta

Hehe! -nt new
      #163235 - 03/23/05 05:49 AM
Linz

#163267 - 03/23/05 08:08 AM
Emmelia

Reged: 03/23/05

I'm have just recently developed IBS and am from Winnipeg too. I do most of my shopping at Superstore where there are MANY IBS safe options. The arrowroot animal crackers are low in fat and contain no eggs or dairy. Gunn's Bakery "water bagels" are also virtually fat free and contain no eggs or dairy. Try looking at Organza or Organic planet for other items which are usually vegan.
I hope this helps!

Re: Hehe! -nt new
      #163302 - 03/23/05 09:18 AM
Kemi

i tryed drinking fennel tea and it seems like its producing more gas..what is SFS??i ate spanich with my lasanga last night that might explain some of it.am i the only one who gets horable gas like this?

#163310 - 03/23/05 09:29 AM
Kemi

Hey Till!you sound alot like me right now,i went threw all that testing and they dignosed me with ibs,and put me on prolsec otc,and recommened yoga,then a few months after testing i got horable gas and it went all to hell from there..i started devolping breathing problems,aniexty,horable panic attacks,along with constaptian,stabbing stomach pains,depression,and the feeling like i was full..my doctor told me it was all in my head to and put me on different kinds of depression medicane,i refused to belive that.the gas couldnt be forming on its own,come on now..anywayz i sit at home everyday doing the same thing waiting for the day and night to end so i can sleep away my pain.i dont have any friends its to embrassing to let gas out and when it gets stuck it gets painful and all my problems come back.hope to talk with you soon!
ps.im thankful that heather wrote her books and made this website i have no idea what i would do without her help,and the support of others on here.thanks.

Re: Hehe! -nt new
      #163322 - 03/23/05 09:47 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

SFS = soluble fiber supplement (Linz made up a great post of commons if you need to look it up: web page)

Did you eat regular lasagna with dairy, or was it ibs safe? If you haven't cut dairy out, that may be your gas culprit. I have horrible gas if I have anything with dairy in it.

Spinach AND dairy! Eeek! - nt new
      #163374 - 03/23/05 12:09 PM
Linz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23618

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review