All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mexican recipe ideas??
      #66988 - 05/03/04 09:20 AM
saraee

Reged: 04/30/04
Loc: New York City

Hi everybody. I'm kinda new to this message board thing but it seems really great. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about making really great mexican food using TVP or soy products. I really just need some tips on how to make it not taste like soy. and some spice ideas. I also can't tolerate Tostidos very well-although Heather writes in her book that they're usually okay. Do other brands of tortilla chips work for other people? THANKS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mexican recipe ideas?? new
      #66991 - 05/03/04 09:29 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Hi check out the recipe exchange there are some mexican dishes posted there.
Here's one for Soy Chorizo

Soy chorizo
egg substitute
fat free flour tortillas
in a frying pan on medium heat add chorizo(qty desired)
and cook up, when cook to desired consistency add egg sustitute and scramble up togther until cooked. Warm fat free tortilla and add mixture and roll up.
Great anytime burrito.

#67006 - 05/03/04 10:02 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Were you eating BAKED Tostitos? There's a big difference between the baked and the regular ones.

Or, you can always make your own. Try web page or web page

Edited by Mags2003 (05/03/04 10:05 AM)

#68798 - 05/08/04 10:18 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Were you eating BAKED Tostitos? There's a big difference between the baked and the regular ones.

I agree, I totally can't tolerate regular corn chips, but the baked kinds are ok. When I make mexican type foods, I'll make like a burrito with fat free refried beans(not actually fried, don't worry), lots of rice that has been cooked in that taco flavoring powder for meat(gives it a yummy flavor!), salsa, and chopped tomatoes. Or I'll make bean tacos using flour tortillas with the fat free refried beans, lettuce, salsa, and some melted soy cheese.

--------------------
IBS-C

#68940 - 05/10/04 04:31 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

You definitely have to try "Burrito Box" on Columbus around 57th. They have the very best soy cheese and tofu sour cream I've ever had. I go to school right there (Fordham Law) so it's a pretty frequent lunch stop for me. The taco shells are your normal fried, hard shells, but they tend not to bother me. You can also get soft tacos which just come in a flour tortilla and should be fine. Of course they have non-taco foods like burritos, etc, and they are all yummy. Across the street is "Lunch Box," obviously owned by the same people, and they have a lot of safe choices.
I've also managed to eat safely at taco bell. I get the grilled chicken taco, no cheese or sour cream. It's not my favorite but if I am there with other people I know I can find something safe.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1263

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review