All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
grits
      #6611 - 04/20/03 11:59 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

are grits a safe food? they are really popular here in the south, but i don't know if i should eat them.

thanks
amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: grits new
      #6612 - 04/21/03 12:21 AM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

yep! lots of people do fine with them. the corn in them is a good soluable fiber, and any insoluable fiber is pretty ground up so it doesn't bother me. some people don't do well with them, but if you do, then go for it! i have grits at least a few times a week... yummmm. and i'm a northerner, believe it or not!

beth

Re: grits new
      #6613 - 04/21/03 04:11 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Queenie,
Ive been an eager beaver to try grits, but im scared outta my skin. I hate introducing new foods to my diet as in my stomach is very sensitive. I will try it someday though, i promise!lol

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Just Tried Grits new
      #6714 - 04/22/03 07:55 AM
ConcreteAngel

Hey Guys,
I finally tried Grits, and I absolutly loved them! They were so delicious and did not upset my stomach!!! Hallejuah!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Just Tried Grits new
      #6718 - 04/22/03 08:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

HURRAY for you!!!!!!!!! I knew you could/would do it!!!!! You have SO much courage...you deserve a medal!

*hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6721 - 04/22/03 08:15 AM
ConcreteAngel

lol... Ruchie! youre nutso! hehe.. Thank you so much for the gratitude. I love Grits!!! and at only a dollar a cylinder full, what could go wrong? I like to think of grits as my "substitute" oatmeal, since i love oatmeal so much, and can no longer have it
thanks
(((Grabs Ruchie through the computer and gives a huge hug)))
hehe

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6723 - 04/22/03 08:20 AM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

I know how hard it is to just up and do something you're apprehensive about doing! It's HARD!!! It takes a strong person--and a courageous person--to try something scary! It's also not always easy to do what's good for us. You did BOTH by trying grits...got over a fear and tried something that had the potential to be good for you (and is good for you)! That's great news! I'm glad you found something similair to oatmeal to eat...I hope it's just as yummy. Keep up the good work...you're growing everyday!

Btw, you rollerblade and run track, right? Do you have any rollerblading tips? I taught myself to blade but I'm still VERY new at the sport. And as for track, what's a good goal for walking 3 miles? I walked yesterday--it took about 40 mins. to leaisurely walk 3 miles. What's a good goal? Thanks bunches!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6730 - 04/22/03 08:28 AM
ConcreteAngel

Hey Ruchie,
Im so glad you are are doing outside sports, its so nice to do it in the summer too. I have been rollerblading since I was 10, and boy do I love it! So far, I taught my brother, my best friend, my other brother, and my mom to skate..lol! It takes a couple of tries but they all got it down pretty good. Really, its about balance, thats the key. The main advice I give to all of them them is to just make sure to pick up your feet. Amazingly, alot of them dont and end up falling all over the place. Also, use your arms. You can use your arms to mainain balance and usually it works out pretty well. For the track walking, I think the rate your doing is just fine! I love to take a brisk power walk around the track first and then start to run, but whatever suites you sounds just great! Do you like any other sports as well? I like to play field hockey and ice hockey... those are my specialties. I also love to rock climb and bungee jump, you just gotta love that rush

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6734 - 04/22/03 08:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

Thanks for the advice! I used to run...7 minute mile at my peak...but my knees can't take that anymore. So now I'm giving walking a shot. I used to rollerskate...then I taught myself to rollerblade as the "next step". Frisbee is fun, I like volleyball but I never really got to play it too much, baseball is fun (again, never got to play too much), and I LOVE swimming! I used to have a pool in my backyard...now I live up north...no pool here I also enjoy jump rope...I never really got to play team sports too much growing up...I wish I'd had more oppurtunities...but I do enjoy being active and being outside! What do you prefer...team sports or solo?

Have a super day!! Thanks again for the advice!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6735 - 04/22/03 08:39 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie and Angela - just a side comment here on the "rush"...IMO when you're bungee jumping, the "rush" comes when the ground "rushes" up to meet you!!!! How can you guys do that????? I'd probably have a heart attack on the way down. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all LOL!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10342

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review