All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
grits
      #6611 - 04/20/03 11:59 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

are grits a safe food? they are really popular here in the south, but i don't know if i should eat them.

thanks
amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: grits new
      #6612 - 04/21/03 12:21 AM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

yep! lots of people do fine with them. the corn in them is a good soluable fiber, and any insoluable fiber is pretty ground up so it doesn't bother me. some people don't do well with them, but if you do, then go for it! i have grits at least a few times a week... yummmm. and i'm a northerner, believe it or not!

beth

Re: grits new
      #6613 - 04/21/03 04:11 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Queenie,
Ive been an eager beaver to try grits, but im scared outta my skin. I hate introducing new foods to my diet as in my stomach is very sensitive. I will try it someday though, i promise!lol

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Just Tried Grits new
      #6714 - 04/22/03 07:55 AM
ConcreteAngel

Hey Guys,
I finally tried Grits, and I absolutly loved them! They were so delicious and did not upset my stomach!!! Hallejuah!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Just Tried Grits new
      #6718 - 04/22/03 08:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

HURRAY for you!!!!!!!!! I knew you could/would do it!!!!! You have SO much courage...you deserve a medal!

*hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6721 - 04/22/03 08:15 AM
ConcreteAngel

lol... Ruchie! youre nutso! hehe.. Thank you so much for the gratitude. I love Grits!!! and at only a dollar a cylinder full, what could go wrong? I like to think of grits as my "substitute" oatmeal, since i love oatmeal so much, and can no longer have it
thanks
(((Grabs Ruchie through the computer and gives a huge hug)))
hehe

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6723 - 04/22/03 08:20 AM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

I know how hard it is to just up and do something you're apprehensive about doing! It's HARD!!! It takes a strong person--and a courageous person--to try something scary! It's also not always easy to do what's good for us. You did BOTH by trying grits...got over a fear and tried something that had the potential to be good for you (and is good for you)! That's great news! I'm glad you found something similair to oatmeal to eat...I hope it's just as yummy. Keep up the good work...you're growing everyday!

Btw, you rollerblade and run track, right? Do you have any rollerblading tips? I taught myself to blade but I'm still VERY new at the sport. And as for track, what's a good goal for walking 3 miles? I walked yesterday--it took about 40 mins. to leaisurely walk 3 miles. What's a good goal? Thanks bunches!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6730 - 04/22/03 08:28 AM
ConcreteAngel

Hey Ruchie,
Im so glad you are are doing outside sports, its so nice to do it in the summer too. I have been rollerblading since I was 10, and boy do I love it! So far, I taught my brother, my best friend, my other brother, and my mom to skate..lol! It takes a couple of tries but they all got it down pretty good. Really, its about balance, thats the key. The main advice I give to all of them them is to just make sure to pick up your feet. Amazingly, alot of them dont and end up falling all over the place. Also, use your arms. You can use your arms to mainain balance and usually it works out pretty well. For the track walking, I think the rate your doing is just fine! I love to take a brisk power walk around the track first and then start to run, but whatever suites you sounds just great! Do you like any other sports as well? I like to play field hockey and ice hockey... those are my specialties. I also love to rock climb and bungee jump, you just gotta love that rush

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6734 - 04/22/03 08:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

Thanks for the advice! I used to run...7 minute mile at my peak...but my knees can't take that anymore. So now I'm giving walking a shot. I used to rollerskate...then I taught myself to rollerblade as the "next step". Frisbee is fun, I like volleyball but I never really got to play it too much, baseball is fun (again, never got to play too much), and I LOVE swimming! I used to have a pool in my backyard...now I live up north...no pool here I also enjoy jump rope...I never really got to play team sports too much growing up...I wish I'd had more oppurtunities...but I do enjoy being active and being outside! What do you prefer...team sports or solo?

Have a super day!! Thanks again for the advice!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6735 - 04/22/03 08:39 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie and Angela - just a side comment here on the "rush"...IMO when you're bungee jumping, the "rush" comes when the ground "rushes" up to meet you!!!! How can you guys do that????? I'd probably have a heart attack on the way down. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all LOL!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6736 - 04/22/03 08:40 AM
ConcreteAngel

Ruchie,

Actually, I enjoy solo sports better than team sports. I dont really know why.Maybe its because when Im solo, I dont have to worry about everybody else on the team screwing up, or me screwing up for everybody else. Also, i like to be alone with my thought. For instance, theres nothing i enjot more than running the track and just thinking silently to myself. Sometimes, I think out loud, and scare some people that are running in front/behind me..lol. But, when I bungee jump, i prefer to be with friends, this way we can all scream together. Have you ever went bungee jumping? I only bungee jumped twice but Im just dying to try it again. Theres nothing i can find better enjoyment it. Of corse, the hardest part is taking that big leap, but woohoo is it fun bouncing back up
We have a pool, but a small one, and i rarely go in it, but i love to swim at the beach and we have a trampeline in the backyard that i love to do flips on. That really gets the heart pumpin! Do you prefer solo or team sports?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6737 - 04/22/03 08:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Sharon,

I personally have never been bungee jumping. I considered it at some point...but it's not for me. I'm actually scared of heights. I go hiking to try and overcome the fear...I like overcoming my fears...but bungee jumping is just too scary for me!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Bungee-sharon new
      #6740 - 04/22/03 08:44 AM
ConcreteAngel

Sharon,
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVV bungee jump! I only went jumpin twice before (against my parents will) and love it. Yeah, just before your about to jump your scared, but the rush of "flying" makes it all worth it. The funnest part is when you think your going to hit the ground and you feel a tiny pull on your leg and you just bounce back up... You have to try it sometime, it Rocks! hehe

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6741 - 04/22/03 08:46 AM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

I've never ben bunjee jumping...too chicken! I'm afraid of heights..I hike to try to overcome it. I thought of jumping...but I just can't do it! I think I also like solo sports best...or "partners". It's GREAT fun hiking with my husband, (I want to try rock climbing with him if I can ever find the courage/place to do it), but I alos LOVE doing stuff solo. I'm with you--time to yourself to just think and be at peace with the world--there's nothing else like it! I love swimming solo, walking (running when I could do it), etc. A trampalene--I miss that! We used to have a mini one in my house growing up. I was just tlaking to my hubby about getting one the other day...we just don't have room right now...maybe when we get a bigger place After my knees gave out I wasn't active anymore...but now I'm getting back into it slowly. It's tough! But discussing this on the board is GREAT encouragement!!! It's fun to talk about sports...and it motivates me to get out there and do it! Thanks again!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Bungee-sharon new
      #6742 - 04/22/03 08:47 AM
SharonMello

Hey Angela--it might rock for you, but what rocks for me is a chair and TV, thank you very much! I'm too old for that stuff. You're still young and wild. I used to be like that, but not any more. I think the wildest thing I ever did was take a helicopter ride into the Grand Canyon. Talk about a rush...flying over trees and then all of a sudden there's nothing under you but a 6 mile deep gorge!!!! Makes my heart pound just thinking about it LOL!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

LOL! You Go Wild Thang!-nt- new
      #6743 - 04/22/03 08:49 AM
ConcreteAngel

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6745 - 04/22/03 08:50 AM
ConcreteAngel

No problem ruchie. And thanks again for your wonderful motivation and gratitude and support. Make sure you let me know if you ever do decide to go for the "big plung" hehe

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6746 - 04/22/03 08:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

Shandela,

WOW! Were you scared? Do you have a fear of heights? That sounds AMAZING and TERRIFYING! I hope to make it to the Grand Canyon someday.....have you done a lot of traveling? Whata re your favorite vacation spots?

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#6748 - 04/22/03 08:58 AM
SharonMello

Ruchie - my favorite place to vacation is the Pacific coast of Mexico, preferably where there are NOT a lot of tourists. Huatulco is like that. It's down by Guatemala and a lot of Canadians go there. There are 9 bays that are basically uninhabited (by people) and are so pristine, it's magical! Considering I am not a world traveler, I don't have any other favorite places. I remember the first time my husband took me to Mexico, we went to Cabo San Lucas in September and when we got off the plane I thought we were in New Jersey! It was so hot, so humid and raining. The whole trip was like that--it was awful. My camera lens always got steamed up when we left our A/C hotel room. Actually the pics came out really good because it looks like there was always fog at the beach!

We're driving to Las Vegas in July but I don't think we'll ever get to the Grand Canyon. Dan's never been there and I sure would like to go again. There was a documentary on TV the other night on the GC and what to do there. It's amazing what money can buy!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

Edited by SharonMello (04/22/03 08:59 AM)

Re: Las Vegas - Sharon new
      #6765 - 04/22/03 12:24 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

My step sister just got married in Vegas in February. She drove for over 28 hours to get there! She is from Saskatchewan, Canada too!

She also had all her kids with her! A five yr old, 3 yr old and 8 month old! YIKES! Carting those kids that far! Now that would be a rush LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#6848 - 04/22/03 07:43 PM
SharonMello

Lana - that's not my definition of a rush!!!!
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#6858 - 04/22/03 09:51 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

Quote:

Hey Guys,
I finally tried Grits, and I absolutly loved them! They were so delicious and did not upset my stomach!!! Hallejuah!

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Congratulations! If you haven't noticed, I've REALLY wanted you to finally give in and try them for a while now! YAYYY i'm so glad that your body tolerated them well, too.

aren't grits GREAT?!

beth

#6887 - 04/23/03 08:21 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

LOL - Definately has a huge dose of non smart with a dash of future grumpiness. LOL

PS - We are talking about the TRIP to Vegas and not the marriage right LOL.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Las Vegas - Sharon - YES! -nt- new
      #6936 - 04/23/03 12:37 PM
SharonMello

--------------------
Sharon

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review