All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Delicious! new
      #65783 - 04/28/04 05:53 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I think this may be the best bread I've made in my breadmaker - I love it!

Thanks Kree!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#65800 - 04/28/04 07:24 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Phew! I'm glad it turned out well for you Mags... and I'm so glad you like it! So have you tried it as a grilled soy cheese sandwich yet?

Kelly, thanks for the great suggestions! I'm really enjoying experimenting with this bread machine!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Sounds great - potato flakes? new
      #65831 - 04/28/04 11:42 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Where abouts do you find potato flakes? I haven't heard of them and am wondering if it is the same things as instant potato mix?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Sounds great - potato flakes? new
      #65836 - 04/29/04 03:30 AM
*Melissa*

Hi Kerrie! That's what I used. Potato Buds to be exact. They don't have dairy in them. Some do so watch for that.

#65837 - 04/29/04 03:33 AM
*Melissa*

No, it was too late last night for the grilled cheese. I just tried a piece with seedless raspberry jam. Just had another for breakfast!

Even the smell is incredible. Chris was in the living room watching the news and I ran out there with the loaf so he could smell it too! LOL He gave me a weird look, but agreed it smelled good.

It's really good!

#65879 - 04/29/04 07:11 AM
Kree

Yep, Kerrie, Mags is right. It's the same thing as instant mashed potatoes.

LOL! Mags, I always make my mother smell my breads too. Although usually she follows her nose to the kitchen before I even need to mention it...

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: What the heck happened? new
      #67306 - 05/04/04 10:08 AM
*Melissa*

Kree - this bread was so good, I had to make another loaf. But it came out funky and I have no idea what I did wrong! At least it came out good the first time around, so I'll definitely try it again. I had to take pics to show you because it's so weird. Check it out:

Side View

Top View

LOL - it looks like something in the bread machine ate the top of my loaf! The crust - my favorite part too!

Any ideas on why it did that so I don't do it again? Oh yeah - I haven't tasted it yet to see if it tasted okay.

Ack! new
      #67509 - 05/04/04 04:53 PM
Kree

Yikes, I don't know what happened, Mags! It does look pretty funky, lol. Maybe KellyAnderson will be able to shed some light on this... she seems to know a lot about breads. All I can think of is that the yeast either wasn't good or was activated prematurely? Did it touch the salt before you started the machine? That's all I can come up with! I hope it still tastes okay! That's never happened to me.

--------------------

Re: What the heck happened? new
      #67525 - 05/04/04 06:24 PM

Unregistered

Hi mags, these pictures cracked me up! I got very curious and pulled out my bread machine manual. This could have "possibly" happened if the room temperature was different than the last time you made it, it didn't rise properly or the measurments not being accurate.

The best tip I learned about accurate measurments is: If you use a glass Pyrex measuring cup to measure your flour, then also use it to measure your water and other ingredients. Or if you use regular measuring cup, use it also and it's other matching cups to measure. I suppose this is because there is slight variation depending on which set you are using.

Did you eat it anyway? Did it still have good texture and taste? Better luck next time! Have fun!

Re: Ack! new
      #67773 - 05/05/04 09:32 AM
*Melissa*

I used yeast from the same container as the first time. I did forget to get bread flour, so tried it using all all-purpose flour this time. Maybe that was it?

Oh, and I always put my salt in with the liquid, on the opposite side I put my yeast in on (on top of the flour too).

Who knows? But, at least I got a good laugh out of it! I still haven't tasted it yet.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 438 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13224

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review