All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Gaining weight ASAP new
      #6591 - 04/20/03 05:56 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Gaining weight is way easier than losing. Weeks and weeks ago I was struggling to gain weight I was I think 94 or 95. Now all these carbs are making me bigger. Now I'm 115. I need to get down to 110. I think I might be 5'5. I haven't measured myself in a while. Before this IBS diet it was easier to lose weight. I wasn't eating all these carbs. When I was 13, 14 , and 15yrs old I could eating anything and didn't have to worry. I miss that alot.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Losing weight ASAP new
      #6592 - 04/20/03 05:59 PM
till

I made cookies with applesauce instead. It was horrible. They went in the garbage. I guess I have to stick to canola.

#6594 - 04/20/03 06:50 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Angel,
I know we don't always see ourselves accurately--I just wanted to point out that 115 pounds is a fine weight for someone who is 5'5". I mean, I'm 5'2" and I weigh 125 and I'm not exactly obese . As everyone else has been saying, I think you need to focus on feeling better, not on losing weight.
Amelia

#6598 - 04/20/03 07:07 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Angel - was that $100 US or Canadian? Whew, that's a lot. BTW, why were the cookies so horrible???

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6812 - 04/22/03 05:36 PM
till

For me 115lbs. is way too much. It shows on me. Since I can't work out alot since I'm really sick I have more fat than muscle sadly plus my stomache is really swollen so I look like I'm huge.

#6815 - 04/22/03 05:41 PM
till

It came to 142.72 I think in Canada money. The cookies were horrible because I used applesauce instead of canola oil. I'm not going to make the cookies anymore. Canola oil has too much fat. I really don't need anymore.

#6817 - 04/22/03 05:42 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Angel,
I would LOVE to be 115 pounds!! This 107 thing is just not working for me, hehe. Skinny Minnie has to go!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6819 - 04/22/03 05:47 PM
till

I limit my salt but it's hard since there is no usalted potato chips, corn chips, and pretzels here. I read in a magazine that taking a bath once a week with a cup of table salt will help keep you from retaining water so I started doing that this week. I heard about accupressure. That would be pricey here and I can't leave my condo since I really sick. I can hardly walk. I can't help it. That's great you lost weight. Good for you.
Thanks

#6820 - 04/22/03 05:49 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Angel,
what is retaining water and what does it have to with weight?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6849 - 04/22/03 07:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I second what Tess was saying. Too much or too little weight is relative. I think that if you start to feel better, it will take care of itself. Even light exercise can help I find. Try a walk around the block once a day. It doesn't have to be complicated to work! How about gardening? Anything!
Another idea to toss around - Carbs always get blamed for weight gain. Sometimes, totally justified. Heather had mentioned some stuff on the other board (hit search) about losing weight. Soluble fiber supplements can decrease the amount of carbs you need to stay stable.
My point I was getting to is, try not to see carbs as the lone culprit. If I stick (pun not intended) to carbs and staying on the diet, I don't gain. It's when I start sneaking in no nos that are high in fat, etc. that I do. I'm not saying that you are, but it's just something to think about.
Sometimes, I think that carbs get too bad a rap. Not just for gaining weight, but as "BAD" foods and that we're supposed to only eat whole wheat. Facing the facts, we can't. But that's another story.
Hope my ramblings made sense. I know it's depressing to gain weight, but it's also very depressing feeling bad. Focus on feeling better and then worry about the weight. Worrying won't help you feel better, sweetie!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12968

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review