All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help Please! Fat-Free Chocolate Cookies
      #62346 - 04/18/04 04:08 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm just trying to make those fat free chocolate cookies that Kree posted, and I'm finding that the mix is really think and still kinda powdery. The only liquid that went into it was the corn syrup and the egg whites...is that right? I just feel like I've missed something because it's soooo thick, hardly even like a batter...any help would be great!
Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help Please! Fat-Free Chocolate Cookies new
      #62369 - 04/18/04 06:00 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Here's what the other version of the recipe says:
Quote:

My dough came out dry because I sifted the flour--it was lumpy! So I had to add a little more syrup to get it to moisten up. If you can't scoop it w/a teaspoon to drop on the cookie sheet, just grab some w/your hand and roll into about 1" balls.

Does that help at all? Lord, I am never the person who should be trying to help you with cooking.

#62386 - 04/18/04 08:14 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

I am sure I am too late now, but my came out the same way. I ended up using my hands to work in the rest of the powdery stuff then rolled it into balls with my hands and they came out just fine! How did yours turn out?

Amanda

#62399 - 04/18/04 10:00 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for your replies guys...good to know that it's normal for them to have turned out like that. They actually ended up tasting really good, I love them! I'll definately be making these again in the future

#62440 - 04/19/04 06:57 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Kelly, sorry I wasn't around this weekend to help you out! It sounds like you did pretty well for yourself though! My dough was like that too, but I just kept stirring it as much as I could with a wooden spoon until it finally came together. I didn't even think to put a note about that in the recipe because that's exactly what the No Pudge batter is like so I was used to it. I'm glad you eventually figured things out and enjoyed the cookies!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2221

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review