All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Fat-Free Chewy Chocolate Cookies
      #61564 - 04/15/04 02:29 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I can't believe how good these cookies are! They're so fudgy they almost melt in your mouth! They're like the No Pudge brownies of the cookie world. I'm in chocaholics heaven.

FAT-FREE CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Karo (light or dark)
3 egg whites

Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in corn syrup and egg white until blended (dough will be thick and slightly sticky). Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (cookies will be soft when pressed). Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen--I got slightly less because I made them larger!

Each cookie provides: 0 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 60 Calories, 1 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 65 mg sodium

Found online (originally from a Karo pamphlet)

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fat-Free Chewy Chocolate Cookies new
      #61576 - 04/15/04 02:42 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Oh my gosh, KREE!!! These sound yummy! And look so easy! I have all this stuff on hand! I'm going to make these today!!!! I'm soosooo craving chocolate!!! I'm even more excited because you know your stuff and when you say their good their going to be GOOD!!!! (no let downs!!!!)

YEA!!! So excited!!!! I'll let you know how they turn out!

I've been wanting your oatmeal cookies...but now I'm going to have to make these instead!!!

THANKS!!!

--------------------

Re: Fat-Free Chewy Chocolate Cookies new
      #61600 - 04/15/04 03:13 PM
Kree

Lol! I hope you enjoy them, Steph! I just had one now that they're cooled and they got harder on the outside but chewy on the inside, a lot like the oatmeal cookies. I looooove them.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

What's Karo? new
      #61603 - 04/15/04 03:17 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what's Karo? These sound really good and I want to try them, but I have everything but that.

Re: What's Karo? new
      #61607 - 04/15/04 03:19 PM
StephS

OK...so they pass my taste test! My little boy thinks there great! He said these are gooood!!!!! I have my second batch in the oven now...I added some chocolate chips to these ones for the kids!!!

Thanks Kree!

--------------------

Re: What's Karo? new
      #61608 - 04/15/04 03:20 PM
StephS

HI...Karo is corn syrup! Not a dumb question! Karo is just a brand!

--------------------

Edited by StephS (04/16/04 07:05 AM)

So good!!!!! new
      #61640 - 04/15/04 04:44 PM
StephS

OK...I like I said before I put some chocolate chips in these for my kids.....OH man!! They were good!!! So I have some with chip and some with out!!!! If you guys can handel chocolate chips...or have vegan chip....put some in the last batch!!! They do make about 2 1/2 doz!!!

Kree you did good by us again!!!! I'm going to keep this recipe!!!!! Very GOOD ***** stars!!!!

These are the ADB's cookie form!!!!!

--------------------

Re: So good!!!!! new
      #61732 - 04/16/04 04:33 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I was going to add vegan chips last night but I didn't have enough corn syrup in the house so I made Joan's chocolate chip cookies. I'm looking forward to try these though.

Kree,
What are you doing to me? Don't you know I have a sweet tooth and craving chocolate? I'm going to gain too much weight with all these sweets and now the desire to bake again. Well, at least last night. I'm in trouble now.

Disclaimer! new
      #61750 - 04/16/04 06:48 AM
Kree

I appologize for any weight you may incur from baking my recipes, Heidi. Maybe I should include a disclaimer at the bottom of each one?? Lol.

--------------------

Re: Disclaimer! new
      #61768 - 04/16/04 07:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hah! Who reads disclaimers! I've put on soooo much weight since starting using all these recipes - I LOST weight when I first started the diet, but then I found ADBs . Oh, well, chocolate makes me happy!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10521

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review