All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Veggie Shreds
      #61174 - 04/14/04 02:29 PM
Nina

Reged: 04/14/04

Hi Kree, I am also from Rochester NY and was wondering if I can find the Galaxy Foods Veggie Shreds at Wegmans because I would just love to make your Mac and Cheese?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Veggie Shreds new
      #61288 - 04/14/04 08:22 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

A fellow Rochesterian, wow! Nice to see you on the boards, Nina. Unfortunately Wegmans doesn't carry Veggie Shreds, although I have no clue why! We should both write and suggest that they get some. Anyway, I'm actually from Macedon so I get mine at the P&C here. Amazingly, they do carry it! I'm not sure what other stores in the area do. I hope you find them because they're scrumptious. If not you could just buy some Veggie Slices (they sell those at Wegmans) and tear them into little pieces. I've done that with the swiss before!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#61297 - 04/14/04 09:05 PM
bevp

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: Brisbane Australia

For those in Oz who can't tolerate the casein in vegie shreds, I found Tofutti soy cheese - mozarella and american cheddar. It has no dairy whatsoever. In Brisbane, its available at Cocos, Plenty Deli, Zone Fresh, The Gap Family Markets, Swiss Gourmet, Natural Food Store.

Tried the mozarella last night - one slice, and no problems so far, so looks like it must also be gluten free.

If you're from the southern states, it looks like Tofutti products are widely available, especially Melbourne, but do a Google on vegetarian sites and you should be able to find suppliers.

As well, PLEASE, if anyone knows where I can get Tofutti icecream, I will love you forever.

#61324 - 04/15/04 05:17 AM

Unregistered

I am from Rochester too! What a small world!

Dina

#61325 - 04/15/04 05:18 AM

Unregistered

p.s My mother is the spokesperson for Wegmans (Jo natale), I will put a bug in her ear and ask her why they don't carry that

Rochester! new
      #61336 - 04/15/04 06:43 AM
Kree

Wow! It is a small world! I don't know how I missed the fact that you were from Rochester, dnatale. And Kandee was born here. Maybe there's something in the water?

Ooh, yeah, that would be great if you could drop some suggestions to your mom! It's good to have connections... and we need Veggie Shreds! Lol.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#61344 - 04/15/04 07:07 AM
Nina

I am originally from Germany and when I visited my family last summer I was sick to my stomach alot more than usually. After some tests my doctor diagnosed me with IBS. I found this fabulous website and am slowly getting better.
I live in Williamson so there must be a P&C around here somewhere because I get the ads. I think there's one in Sodus.

#61352 - 04/15/04 07:26 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Can your mom talk them into building a Wegmans in Lockport? You have no idea how many people I have talked to that want a Wegmans. I emailed them once and they told me there were no plans to build one. I have to drive 45-50 min to shop in one and my sister does this every week. Tops is the main grocery store in Lockport. There are a few others but they don't really carry very many non-dairy products. There are plans to be building a Super Walmart but I know some people are upset they are taking over the mall and have pushed all the other stores out.

BTW, Tops does carry Veggie Shreds. They don't have them every time I go which is annoying but I know I can get them there eventually.

#61358 - 04/15/04 07:36 AM

Unregistered

I will try my best Torbetta
I am going to go to the pittsford wegmans at lunch time and see if they carry them. I normally shop at Ridgemont in Greece and their "nature's Marketplace" area is not very big. Pittsford's is huge. I bet I can find them there or something like it.

I will get back to you guys

Nina new
      #61363 - 04/15/04 07:56 AM
Kree

I think you're right, I think there is a P&C in Sodus. I hope they carry the Veggie Shreds like my P&C does!

Williamson, I love that area up by the lake! It's so pretty with all the fruit trees. So how did you end up there after being born in Germany?

--------------------

#61365 - 04/15/04 07:59 AM
Kree

dnatale, you should check out the Nature's Marketplace in Penfield. That place is GIGANTIC! I always spend a very excessive amount of time there, lol. I don't remember how big the Pittsford one is, though... knowing Pittsford it might be just as big. I actually shopped at the Pittsford Wegmans a LOT a couple of years ago, because I went to Nazareth. But back then I didn't need all these soy products so I don't think I ever set foot in their Nature's Marketplace. I don't even know where it is!

--------------------

Re: Nina new
      #62556 - 04/19/04 10:06 AM
Nina

Thanks. I guess my adventurous nature brought me here. I will check Sodus P&C tomorrow for Veggie Threads!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4808

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review