All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Help new
      #6287 - 04/16/03 05:29 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I eat 6 mini meals a day. I eat french bread, applesauce, etc. but I'm still in a great deal of pain. I hate everyday.
Thanks I'll pray for you too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#6288 - 04/16/03 05:32 PM
till

I do have IBS for sure. I've seen 2 doctors and had tests that were torture. This suffering will not end for some reason.

#6290 - 04/16/03 06:07 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Angel - exactly what do your mini meals consist of besides applesauce and french bread?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Edited by SharonMello (04/16/03 06:08 PM)

#6325 - 04/17/03 10:12 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

I agree that you should definitely seek out another doctor. It's unclear from your post if you are still under a physician's care. A good doctor is not going to leave you feeling this sick without any options. When I first got diagnosed with IBS, it had come to the point where I couldn't keep water down or get out of bed I was so sick. I needed medication in the beginning to keep anything down. I know it's hard when you are not feeling well, but I've found that I need to be forceful with doctors to take my symptoms seriously. Thankfully now I have a very understanding doctor. And just because you have IBS doesn't mean there isn't anything else going on too. I also have Crohn's disease. Sometimes I think that when a doctor finds one thing they stick with it. When I got really sick they were ready to put me on stronger medication for my Crohn's. Thank god they did a colonoscopy first and discovered my symptoms had nothing to do with my Crohn's. And the tests aren't always accurate either. I've had a number of tests repeated because they have either shown things that weren't really there or sometimes missed things that were. Six months ago I never would have believed I would feel better, but finally I do. It's definitely something that's always with me, but at least I feel more control over it.

Re: Help - Angel new
      #6397 - 04/18/03 09:02 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi again!
Are you feeling any better today? I've had a bad week but am lucky that it seems to be under control the majority of the time. I'm sorry that you suffer so much with this - have you read the other posts about seeing the docter again?
And are you on any meds now?
Let us know how you are getting on
sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#6416 - 04/18/03 05:10 PM
till

I have baked corn chips or lowfat cookies from "Eating for IBS" or I'll have baked potato chips, etc. Lots of things are not sold here though like chex, saltines, fortune cookies, etc.

Re: Help - Angel new
      #6422 - 04/18/03 05:34 PM
till

I'm taking Dicetel. I wish it was stronger though. It helps. I'm not going to another doctor. There isn't one close by and I'm too sick to go. I haven't been out in months. It's impossible. That's how sick I am.

#6425 - 04/18/03 05:42 PM
till

My doctor is a moron. He knows nothing about IBS. He is cruel. He says I can eat anything I want and the pain will disappear. He thinks IBS is not chronic. He won't help. I'm too sick to see another doctor. Last year when I found out I had IBS I when to another doctor and all he did was give Dicetel to me and that's it. That day when I went I was so sick and couldn't eat. I ate like 2 bites or bread the whole day. The next day I woke up in the morning and was in so much pain I thought I was going to pass out and then I took Dicetel and then it helped. My IBS is still severe though. I just want to die. Each day is horrible.

#6462 - 04/19/03 10:45 AM
BarbBT

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: Chicago suburb, IL

Maybe rather than eating baked corn chips and cookies, both of which have all sorts of "unnatural" ingredients (especially the baked corn chips that probably have olestra which is known for causing digestive problems) you need to pull back and eat only soluble fiber for a while (i.e., bananas, rice) to see if your stomach calms down.

Given the amount of extreme pain you're in, maybe eating only natural soluble fiber might help break the cycle of pain and discomfort.

Just a thought...

#6583 - 04/20/03 05:12 PM
till

I don't eat Olestra. In the corn chips I have it's just corn, salt ( no unsalted is sold here!) and trace of lime. My stomach hurts no matter what. It won't get under control. Plain rice tastes horrible. Since I can only eat tiny portions I would hardly be able to eat any. I don't know how to make dried bananas. I can't eat raw fruit. It makes me horriblely sicker.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 664 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10266

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review