All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnant...and my IBS-D...HELP!!
      #59464 - 04/09/04 05:25 AM
Bourget

Reged: 07/16/03
Loc: Ontario, Canada

My bowels have been fine for the past 8 monht sor so. Now that I am pregnant, my stomach is acting up.
I have the classic symptoms...up all night with diarhea, I feel so sick, huge painful cramps. And now it doesn't seem liek I can eat anything, its all reacting to me!
And it sux because just a week ago, I could eat anything for the past 8 months and nothign was reacting my stomach!

Does anyone have any helpful hints??
Also I've been on Nexium, does anyone have nay idea if Nexium is harmful for the baby?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant...and my IBS-D...HELP!! new
      #59467 - 04/09/04 05:40 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Congrats! Ask your Doc RIGHT AWAY about the meds. It's so important. For your D, as well as nausea and all the other lovely symptoms the first trimester brings, I woudl recommend peppermint tea, and ginger tea. Peppermint is good all round, and a pain reliever, and ginger is great for nausea. Snack on premium plus crackers - don't let your stomach get too empty or it just gets worse.
Hop over to the IBS diet board and do a search - there's been TONS of posts on pregnancy. In the meantime, anything I can do to help, let me know!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 831

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review